Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
And you thought it couldn\'t get worse?
Well no wonder, first off it's that awful Museum Replicas Torture Device that takes 3 other people to hold you down and cram you into that thing, and secondly they probably have no idea about making a subarmalis to make it slightly less uncomfortable...They probably throw that ontop of a cotton tunic or T-shirt at the Ren Faires.

egads...
Andy Volpe
"Build a time machine, it would make this [hobby] a lot easier."
https://www.facebook.com/LegionIIICyr/
Legion III Cyrenaica ~ New England U.S.
Higgins Armory Museum 1931-2013 (worked there 2001-2013)
(Collection moved to Worcester Art Museum)
Don't forget the golden rule: "Museum Replicas are not"
Author: Bronze Age Military Equipment, Pen & Sword Books
I bought the'Gladius' as a souvenir when I was in Greece in 2002, and is definitely not what it says, it is covered in Greek symbols, the scabbard that is, and is a cast blade, and is only good for displaying on the window sill, or beating burglars with!
Saying that, it is as well balanced as my current Deepeeka Mainz... Confusedhock: :oops: :lol:

EDIT: Sorry, they have changed the blade shape, but the blade is as long as a mainz!! I think it is just forshortened in the photo
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Quote:Please note that the matching leather Kalkriese-type face mask has a zipper.

I was going to mention something along these lines but I was afraid I'd shock you all with my wierd sense of humor Big Grin
---AH Mervla, aka Joel Boynton
Legio XIIII, Gemina Martia Victrix
Kinky Segmentata! goes extremely well with the helmet! and if you have a face mask too..........

WOW...... now you only need a latex clad Boudicaea with a giant whip to whip you about the display field!

HAHAHAHAHA

Would be a laugh to see that on an event! (not in the beer-tent mind you!)

M.VIB.M.
Bushido wa watashi no shuukyou de gozaru.

Katte Kabuto no O wo shimeyo!

H.J.Vrielink.
Actually... let's not forget this ALL TIME classic... Just imagine this dude showing up at your event!

What's wrong with this impression... let me count the ways!

[Image: 44115.jpg]
Vale!

Antonivs Marivs Congianocvs
aka_ANTH0NY_C0NGIAN0

My ancient coin collection:
[url:3lgwsbe7]http://www.congiano.com/MyCoins/index.htm[/url]
OK, now I feel ill..... :roll:
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
I don't think that's the right subligaculum for that subarmalis.
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.