Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Making a Corinthian crest
Thanks for the help. I will try to get a picture soon of the chiton, shield, helm, and Falcata which are the only items I have for my panalopy yet. I am going to our Ren Fair Saturday so I am busy working on this set for now making final last minute adjustments. I finally finished this Teutonic Knight Set which I have been working on finishing for a year now. My Greek set is now about to get 100% of my attention once this weekend is over. It is kind of interesting that the idea of crests have persisted through the ages and it is fun making the different types. This crest, mantling, and wreath have just been finished as well. A far cry from the horsehair crests of old.
"A wise man learns from his mistakes, but the truly wise man learns from the mistakes of others."
Chris Boatcallie
WOW!! Great crests, guys. Very nice. Really good Attic crest(and helmet, too). Brilliant use of the contour gauge.
Chris B, looks terriffic. I'd be happy with that. Did you say how high you made it ? I hope mine comes out as good. I've bought the wood just have been busy making my aspis.
Andy Booker

Gaivs Antonivs Satvrninvs

Andronikos of Athens
It is a 2" high crest box with 6" high tufts, the tail is roughly 15" long, and the tail is in the last 4 rows of holes in the crest box. It was fun to make. Good luck with yours.
"A wise man learns from his mistakes, but the truly wise man learns from the mistakes of others."
Chris Boatcallie

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Making a Corinthian Helm? SapereAude 83 21,518 12-03-2009, 08:25 AM
Last Post: PMBardunias
  Corinthian Crest Boxes Marcus Germanicus Ferox 2 1,411 08-04-2006, 10:05 AM
Last Post: hoplite14gr