Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LEG-endary! ;)
:lol:

You couldn't make this up!!!

North Carolina pair feud over leg

The leg was stored in a smoker after Mr Wood lost his home
A US man who stored his amputated leg in a barbecue smoker that was later auctioned off is locked in a custody dispute with the man who bought it.
John Wood's smoker was sold to Shannon Whisnant last week after he fell behind on payments at the storage facility in North Carolina where it was kept.

He wants his leg back but Mr Whisnant says he has a receipt for the smoker's contents and wants to share ownership......

FULL STORY
Memmia AKA Joanne Wenlock.
Friends of Letocetum
Yeah, I heard he tried to sue, but the judge wouldn't hear the case because he didn't have a leg to stand on.

(don't kill me) :lol: :roll:
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
So...he smoked his leg? And kept it in there to keep it semi-preserved?? Oh man, even my warped mind couldn't come up with that one. I thought long pig was just a myth.
---AH Mervla, aka Joel Boynton
Legio XIIII, Gemina Martia Victrix
yuuuk! I'm glad that I know the previous owner of my BBQ smoker. Any one interested in some very large chicken.....yeah, chicken legs. Bill or Joel?

Well, it depends on how annoying that neighbor was before his culinary makeover Smile
I've been accused (falsely, of course) of having "chicken legs", so watch it, bub!
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
Hey relax, Demetrius. Those of us who hunt the ultimate prey look for different things. It's a reward vs. effort thing. If you expend a lot of time and energy hunting accountants and marathon runners without much meat on their bones, you'll be starving before too long. And, in modern cannibal tribes you're considered more hip by bringing in a large, meaty guest after just 5 minutes at the Wal-Mart parking lot. Makes dealing with the chieftain and witch doctor a lot easier Smile

Besides, my cave is in the local business park here in Oregon. Texas is a long way to go for a false accusation of a chicken legged vict...er, person. So please don't let my choice of food put you off. I'm not so bad once you get to know me Big Grin
I actually feel quite sorry for the guy:
Quote:Mr Wood's leg was amputated above the knee after a plane crash in 2004.
He asked to keep the leg so he could be buried as a whole man when he died, and stored it at the facility in Maiden after losing his home.
But when Mr Wood failed to pay the necessary rental fees, the storage company auctioned the smoker and all its contents.
I can't understand why the new owner would want a human leg in the first place? At least the original original owner had a reason. :?
Quote:But after making money by charging adults $3 (£1.47) and children $1 (49p) to look inside the empty smoker, Mr Whisnant asked for it back.
Ah, that's why. $$$$$

Surely it must be illegal to purchase a living person's body part unless freely donated (life saving kidney transplant, etc)?
Quote:He says he has a receipt showing he bought both the smoker and its contents at the auction.
"Everybody knows it's mine, period," he said. "And if anyone tries to take it, I want everything they got."
What? He wants the other leg now?!! Double his takings??
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!