Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Georgia (USA) Junior Classical League -- 18-20 April 2008
Avete,

Each year, the Georgia (USA) Junior Classical League hosts an annual convention for high school latin students, teachers, and sponsors at the Eagle Rock 4H Center near Eatonton, GA.

Legio XI received a last-minute invitation to this for 2007 and showed up with a few legionaries and had an absolutely wonderful time. The students, parents and teachers were incredibly enthusiastic, informed, and interested in everything we did. We were treated like celebrities from start to finish.

For 2008, the convention is scheduled for 18-20 April, again at the Rock Eagle 4H center near Eatonton, GA (east of Atlanta, GA, USA). I would like to invite anyone interested in attending this superb event with us in 2008.

I will provide more details later (we have plenty of time), but here's the general scheme of maneuver:

Arrive Friday, 18 April, and set up the Castra.

Saturday/Sunday -- drills, Gladiatorial displays, etc. I'd really like to do the "Pay Formation" like we do at Castra -- believe the kids and teachers would love it.

Sunday Lunch -- tear down and depart.

I have reserved cabin space -- free of charge -- with shower facilities for those who do not want to sleep sub-papillio or in case of rain, so guys can camp out, stay in a cabin, or in a hotel -- whatever they prefer -- with shower facilities on site. If you need space or would like to attend, please contact me.

This event is an absolute MUST -- really a good time.

Edge
Gaius Aurelius Calvus
(Edge Gibbons)

Rules for Posting

LEG XI CPF
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.11thlegion.com">http://www.11thlegion.com

"Mens est clavis victoriae."

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Virginia Junior Classical League convention Nov 24 richsc 1 1,328 11-30-2013, 12:18 AM
Last Post: richsc
  National Junior Classical League Wake Forest rusty myers 0 1,058 07-19-2012, 04:16 AM
Last Post: rusty myers
  National Junior Classical League Convention cacrispvs 1 1,314 06-17-2011, 07:05 AM
Last Post: richsc