Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reenactment Olympic Games
Since there is the possibility for me to use the area of the Heuneburg for events, I was wondering, if there were any interest in some kind of Olympic Games for reenactors? It´s just an idea, but it would be one kind of an event which would be by reenactors for reenactors without a load of bystanders / audience.
The idea is: For different disciplines (like catapult-shooting, bow shooting, spear throwing, classical Olympic disciplines, music, etc. ) each reenactment group can send participants. There would be goodies to win, of course, and all other group members can cheer their athletes. Simultaneously this would be a great opportunity for the reenactors to change information, discuss, etc, which is usually hard to do on an event which is for audience only. Maybe we can also invite some artisan-experts and scientists which can answer reenactor´s questions?

Just a few ideas. I´d also like to ask if someone reliable feels fit to help organising such an event? Would be great to have from each European country one person who could help. Smile
Christian K.

No reconstruendum => No reconstruction.

Ut desint vires, tamen est laudanda voluntas.
I think that'd be a blast.

Legion: TBD
This idea sounds very interesting to me. If you gonna organise this, I would like to offer my help.
ALA I BATAVORUM
Me too!
[Image: 120px-Septimani_seniores_shield_pattern.svg.png] [Image: Estalada.gif]
Ivan Perelló
[size=150:iu1l6t4o]Credo in Spatham, Corvus sum bellorum[/size]
Why not? Me too...
Just how accurate do you intend to get with the "classical Olympic disciplines" events? I, for one, wouldn't mind being naked. However, you may lose some otherwise willing participants who are a bit more self conscious.

I think it's a wonderful idea. I've seen a lot of reenactment events that are based around competitions like siege weapons, archery, axe/javelin/etc. throwing, and the like. It would be good to see one centered around Roman equipment.
Marcus Julius Germanus
m.k.a. Brian Biesemeyer
S.P.Q.A.
Jurjen Ivan, Cesar, thank you a lot for your kind offer! Smile

@naked´ness: I would leave it to everyone themselves. Smile

This is meant to be for all Ancients, not only Romans. Very often things can be learned from people reenacting a more or less contemporary or earlier culture. Smile
Christian K.

No reconstruendum => No reconstruction.

Ut desint vires, tamen est laudanda voluntas.
Naked, of course!
[Image: 120px-Septimani_seniores_shield_pattern.svg.png] [Image: Estalada.gif]
Ivan Perelló
[size=150:iu1l6t4o]Credo in Spatham, Corvus sum bellorum[/size]
Sounds great! I am not so sure my wife would agree though. She is still in shock over our trip to Londinium last summer. I hope the shockfright wears off, I want to go back!!
Titvs Calidivs Agricola
Wes Olson

Twas a woman that drove me to drink, and I never thanked her. W.C. Fields