Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RUGBY! Here we go...!
What an amazing day...and I wouldn't write off Argentina if (when Smile ) they play South Africa. Two big packs.......

Great performances from England and France today!

And what price a final that replays the first game- France v Argentina? :wink:
[Image: wip2_r1_c1-1-1.jpg] [Image: Comitatuslogo3.jpg]

aka Paul B, moderator
http://www.romanarmy.net/auxilia.htm
Moderation in all things
Gripping stuff! Chewed through my nails towards the end. The French deserved to win, through I would have liked to have seen more of 'The Beard' in action, he looked mean and the French should have brought him in earlier, just for the entertainment value!!

Celer.
Marcus Antonius Celer/Julian Dendy.
I saw Chabal playing for Sale in the EDF semi against Leicester last year - quelle homme!!!

I'm not very optimistic of a shock in today's matches - though if Scotland beat Argentina I'll be surprised, though not shocked like yesterday.
And england beat Australia what is wrong with the world :twisted:
"The Kaiser knows the Munsters,
by the Shamrock on their caps,
And the famous Bengal Tiger, ever ready for a scrap,
And all his big battalions, Prussian Guards and grenadiers,
Fear to face the flashing bayonets of the Munster Fusiliers."

Go Bua
Ceannt said
Quote:And england beat Australia what is wrong with the world

....a sentiment I share, naturally! :lol: :lol: :lol:
And the answer to your question is'Big Money'.....once it took over sport, it wasn't about the game anymore -you see it everwhere..cricket,football. baseball and gridiron...a game that has been tailored to suit ad-breaks??? :?

And Olympic finals scheduled to suit peak T.V., contrary to the Athletes body clocks ??????

Money and Drugs killed sport long ago, sadly....................

Just watched the end of the Scotland Argetina match live....and earlier, as expected, the 'boks put paid to Fiji. So one Southern Hemisphere semi and one Northern Hemisphere semi guaranteeing a Northern Hemispere team in the final........how convenient!
"dulce et decorum est pro patria mori " - Horace
(It is a sweet and proper thing to die for ones country)

"No son-of-a-bitch ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country" - George C Scott as General George S. Patton
Paul McDonnell-Staff
..and the jokes are doing the rounds already !
Did you hear about the new All-Black Bra ? It's got plenty of support, but no Cup !! Smile D lol:

What's the difference between Australia,New Zealand and Fiji on the one hand, and an arsonist on the other ?? (scroll down)

.....the arsonist wouldn't waste five matches ! Ta-Da ! :lol: :lol:

"No son-of-a-bitch ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country" - George C Scott as General George S. Patton
Paul McDonnell-Staff
Did you hear about the new All-Black Bra ? It's got plenty of support, but no Cup !!

OH! OUCH!!! My sides! !!!

Great day, great sport! MORE MORE MORE!

Saw a Setanta Sports Advert today, claimed to be sponsors of The Eagles.

No mention of Rugby on ESPN. .. fools.

Sean / Hibernicus
Hibernicus

LEGIO IX HISPANA, USA

You cannot dig ditches in a toga!

[url:194jujcw]http://www.legio-ix-hispana.org[/url]
A nationwide club with chapters across N America
If england win the world cup again were will never hear the end of it.

P.s Argentina might reach the final :?:

Go Bua
Quote:Money and Drugs killed sport long ago, sadly....................
Yup. x00 BC when officials at the Olympic Games were taking bribes aplenty :wink:
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
Still in shock and mourning Sad ( evil:

Meantime.....everyone knows how arrogant the 'boks can be ( see e.g. recent Media pronouncements). Here is a fine example....but it is funny.. Smile D lol:

"Got to love this.
Schalk Burger is so tough that:-

When Schalk Burger does a pushup, he isn't lifting himself up; he's pushing the Earth down.

When the Tokoloshe goes to sleep every night, he checks under his bed for Schalk Burger.

Schalk Burger counted to infinity - twice.

Schalk Burger invented every colour. Except pink. Percy Montgomery invented pink.

Schalk Burger gave Mona Lisa that smile.

Some kids p*ss their name in the snow. Schalk Burger can p*ss his name into concrete.

Schalk Burger's tears cure cancer. Too bad he has never cried. Ever.

Superman owns a pair of Schalk Burger pyjamas.

Schalk Burger sleeps with a night light. Not because Schalk Burger is afraid of the dark, but the dark is afraid of Schalk Burger .

Once a cobra bit Schalk Burger's leg. After five days of excruciating pain, the cobra died.

When Schalk Burger exercises, the machine gets stronger.

Schalk Burger doesn't use pickup lines, he simply says, "Now".

Schalk Burger sold his soul to the devil for his rugged good looks and unparalleled rugby ability. Shortly after the transaction was finalised, Schalk Burger spear-tackled the devil and took his soul back. The devil, who appreciates irony, couldn't stay mad and admitted he should have seen it coming. They now play poker every second Wednesday of the month.

Schalk Burger can kill two stones with one bird.

Schalk Burger once devoured a whole wheel-barrow full of clay to prove to a friend that the expression "Sh**ing bricks" wasn't just a figure of speech.

The only time Schalk Burger was wrong was when he thought he had made a mistake "

I like the sly afrikaaner dig at the 'roinecks' ( British decended South Africans ) - that's the Percy Montgomery gag for those who didn't spot it !

Paul McDonnell-Staff
Good grief! What were the odds on England reaching the final after that drubbing by the Springboks? I watched the game pretty much as a neutral and though it wasn't a classic game of rugby, you have to admire England's defence. And Wilko's boot even though it wasn't a perfect kicking performance.
well they did get to the final but the puma's will win (they better because i have money on them)

Shane kent A.B.E 8)

Go Bua
Quote:well they did get to the final but the puma's will win (they better because i have money on them)
After all that's been said about England in the thread so far, are you sure you really trust your own judgement on the subject?? :wink: :wink:
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
A England were just poxey :twisted:

Go Bua
Hard luck Shane ! You've done yer dough!

My nightmare has come true! Here in Brizvegas we have heaps of Poms(english) and Yarpies (south africans), so us Aussies are going to take a lot of stick either way - O tempora! Oh mores!

Paul McDonnell-Staff

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  to MUCH Rugby! Hibernicus 10 1,912 05-24-2009, 05:42 PM
Last Post: ParthianBow
  Rugby Ceannt 12 2,082 03-25-2009, 06:33 PM
Last Post: Na Saighdiuir