Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"I Claudius" -- New Feature Film...?
Quote:Giamatti

DiCaprio

Fantastic! (It's actually quite scary!)
posted by Duncan B Campbell
https://ninth-legion.blogspot.com/
Quote:On second thought, let's cast this thing properly, with a RAT poll.

Which contemporary actor / actress should play the following roles?
Great Idea Flavius. Incidentally the Charles Laughton version was never finished and the surviving cast list does not include a Tiberius or an Augustus but Flora Robson was the aged Livia. If a new version appeared it might only depict the reign of Caligula and the early days of the reign of Claudius which cuts down the list of characters somewhat. It also makes the ages of the characters somewhat interesting and perhaps different to what we might expect. Claudius in his fifties Messalina in her mid teens etc..

My own suggestions are pretty close to those of David and Jim, perhaps we are already getting a shortlist! I also would have gone with Tim Roth or Gary Oldman for Sejanus and funnily enough there is another portrait of Caligula with sunken eyes which does look like Johnny Lee Miller!

LIVIA -- Helen Mirren

CALIGULA - Daniel Radcliffe is closer in age to the real Caligula but Christian Bale is a more experienced actor and we know he can do mad!

MESSALINA - Natalie Portman

AGRIPPINA- Monica Bellucci

CLAUDIUS - Russell Crowe He would probably love to do a Roman that was nothing like Maximus.

Graham.
"Is all that we see or seem but a dream within a dream" Edgar Allan Poe.

"Every brush-stroke is torn from my body" The Rebel, Tony Hancock.

"..I sweated in that damn dirty armor....TWENTY YEARS!', Charlton Heston, The Warlord.
Quote:On second thought, let's cast this thing properly, with a RAT poll.

CLAUDIUS --

AUGUSTUS --

LIVIA --

TIBERIUS --

SEJANUS --

GERMANICUS --

CALIGULA --

MESSALINA --

AGRIPPINA JR. --

We all know how Hollywood deals with history... What about RAT making a parallel correct production.

Who wants to volunteer for filling the above mentioned parts? Or perhaps who can you suggest...

Gaius Decius Aquilius
Ralph Izard
[size=75:gkrqq08u]who knows everybody would want to be Caligula or Sejanus, but...[/size]
Flavius:
Hugh Laurie these days is Dr. House. Previously he was Bertie Wooster in "Wooster and Jeeves" with Stephen Fry and the Prince Regent in "Blackadder the Third."
And now that I think of it, how about Virginia Madsen as Agrippina? We know she has good chemistry with Giamatti because they co-starred in "Sideways." And I'd really, really like to see her naked.
Pecunia non olet
Quote:
FlaviusCrispus:13bhc52p Wrote:On second thought, let's cast this thing properly, with a RAT poll.

CLAUDIUS --

AUGUSTUS --

LIVIA --

TIBERIUS --

SEJANUS --

GERMANICUS -- [size=150:13bhc52p]Martin Wallgren![/size]

CALIGULA --

MESSALINA --

AGRIPPINA JR. --

We all know how Hollywood deals with history... What about RAT making a parallel correct production.

Who wants to volunteer for filling the above mentioned parts? Or perhaps who can you suggest...

Gaius Decius Aquilius
Ralph Izard
[size=75:13bhc52p]who knows everybody would want to be Caligula or Sejanus, but...[/size]

Hehehe
Livia- Sharon Osbourne
Claudius- Ozzy :lol:
Messalina- Paris Hilton
Augustus- David Bowie
Caligula- I agree, Daniel Radcliff

Although, it'll be hard topping this performance:

Caligula dance
Memmia AKA Joanne Wenlock.
Friends of Letocetum
Quote:DiCaprio's performance in What's Eating Gilbert Grape (I'd never seen him before then and was convinced he was a genuine kid with learning difficulties brought in to play the part), mixed with his recent 'hard man' roles which he's carrying off pretty well, I think he'd be a good choice for Claudius.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Quote:
D B Campbell:23d64sg3 Wrote:
john m roberts:23d64sg3 Wrote:Claudius - Paul Giamatti.
Hmmm ... not convinced. I'd need to see him in a toga to visualise properly.
(Now, there's a PhotoShop challenge, Tarb! :wink: )

Okay then :wink:

Giamatti

DiCaprio

LMAO
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Quote:
Gaius Decius Aquilius:1wiziqbe Wrote:
FlaviusCrispus:1wiziqbe Wrote:On second thought, let's cast this thing properly, with a RAT poll.

CLAUDIUS --

AUGUSTUS --

LIVIA --

TIBERIUS --

SEJANUS --

GERMANICUS -- [size=150:1wiziqbe]Martin Wallgren![/size]

CALIGULA --

MESSALINA --

AGRIPPINA JR. --

Gaius Decius Aquilius
Ralph Izard
[size=75:1wiziqbe]who knows everybody would want to be Caligula or Sejanus, but...[/size]

Hehehe

Hmmmmmm, I was eyeing that part... :evil: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Those are pretty impressive photoshops, Jim Big Grin
Memmia AKA Joanne Wenlock.
Friends of Letocetum
Quote:Giamatti

DiCaprio

Amazing! Confusedhock:
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Ta. Honestly, it didn't take long. I wish I could rivet as quickly.
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
Why oh why must Hollywood re-do everything because they've run out of ideas!? :roll:

Well, I adore Sir Derek Jacobi as Claudius and I can't imagine anyone else playing the part. Though I'm sure I'll end up watching it, just to see something roman on the big screen ... but I'll be picking it apart as I watch.
Sara T.
RAT Rules for Posting

Courage is found in unlikely places. [size=75:2xx5no0x] ~J.R.R Tolkien[/size]
Quote:Well, I adore Sir Derek Jacobi as Claudius and I can't imagine anyone else playing the part.
I can... this guy
:wink:
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
Smile ) wink:
Sara T.
RAT Rules for Posting

Courage is found in unlikely places. [size=75:2xx5no0x] ~J.R.R Tolkien[/size]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Spartacus Feature Film Narukami 12 3,000 08-03-2011, 03:48 AM
Last Post: Ghostmojo
  UK tonight on TV:- "Revealed: Boudicca\'s Treasures&quot Tarbicus 9 3,856 11-30-2005, 01:11 PM
Last Post: Tarbicus