Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
metallographic investigation of Roman ferrous armour
A friend of mine just e-mailed me an interesting article called: In defence of Rome: a metallographic investigation of Roman ferrous armour from Northern Britain. She found the article on Elsevier (similar to JSTOR).

I think the article would be interesting for many here on Roman Army Talk. Nonetheless I am hesitant to attach the PDF of the article and place it on this forum, as I do not know if such a thing is allowed (not only by RAT, but also by Elsevier or the magazine where the article came from).

Is there someone that is more familiar with this kind of legal issues? And if legal, of course I will attach this article in this post.

Best wishes,

Martijn
It's fine by us, provided there's no copyright attached to it. Elsevier may well frown upon you doing that, however.
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
Jasper,

Is says 2004 Elsevier Ltd. All rights reserved.

I am afraid that there indeed is a copyright.

Cheers,

Martijn
Sometimes you can get permission to reproduce an article for non-commercial purposes by asking the copyright owner. Never know, they might see the advertising benefit or something.
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
It's been discussed a few times on RAT. Try a search on the key words in the title. I also have the paper from British Library Direct.

http://www.romanarmy.com/rat/viewtopic.php?t=10654
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
Demetrius and Tarbicus,

In my enthusiasm obtaining a nice metallographic study of armour, my natural reaction was to want to share its contents. Unfortunately copyrights make this impossible. Nonetheless it is pleasant to see it has already been discussed as this can be useful for putting the article in a variety of perspectives.

Cheers,

Martijn