Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thermopylae, 2008
Cynisca, Diomedes and I are planning to visit Thermopylae next year, for the 4th of August Commemmoration. I have written to the Cultural Attache at the Greek Embassy in the UK, asking for details of any local authorities we might need to contact. As yet I have had no reply. As I understand it, however, the site is open to the public and we can just meet up there. Ideally, I'd like to get some sponsorship from the regional authority so we could set up a proper event, but, barring accidents, I will be there, in kit and I'll probably make it an official International Ancient Greek Organisation event. [For anyone who doesn't yet know, IAGO has a Forum at http://greekfestival.proboards52.com ] Who else is going, or would like to go?
the link doesn't work Paul. Possibly you are getting no reply due to the national emergency ongoing in Greece?
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Quote:the link doesn't work Paul. Possibly you are getting no reply due to the national emergency ongoing in Greece?

Sorry about that, I'm still getting there from my bookmarked link; I guess it's a temporary server access problem.

I wrote some time before the disastrous fires began and, while I would expect Embassy staff to be concerned, I can't see that it would cause them a great deal of extra work, there being little they can do about it, especially in the office of the Cultural Attache. Nonetheless, the emergency is the reason I haven't yet chased them for a reply.
Diplomacy and diplomats! The longest route to the desires of men! :lol:
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Battle of Thermopylae Event - August 2 , 2008 Dienekes_Hoplite 0 959 07-09-2008, 11:24 AM
Last Post: Dienekes_Hoplite