Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Actor playing Brutus stabs himself
Actually, what happens when you try to kill Caesar is, normally, that you succeed. When you don't try, you get thrown off the cliffs of Capri.

What a wooss this actor was! I've seen one of my fellow-actors concussed and then had to fight the actor responsible, I had so lost faith in his concentration that I parried extra low with my Main Gauche and he, striking exactly where he should have, proceeded to cut me across the knuckles. My only thought for my own injury was that it should bleed fast enough for the audience to benefit from the accidental realism while we finished the scene.

There's a limit to the protection you can offer a man; swords used are normally blunt, but injuries still occur, especially in "Romeo and Juliet", which once held the record for injuries to actors (and probably still does), many of them being loss of, or wounds to, an eye, and even deaths. I was also injured in "Macbeth" by Duncan, who struck truly to my gut, but got careless about the alignment of his blade and made sharp contact with my elbow just prior to hitting his target area. This required hospital treatment, but I was damned if I would go before I'd taken my bows at the end. (I told you we Thespians were tough! The guy in the news report clearly is only pretending to be one of us...)

Messages In This Thread
Actor playing Brutus stabs himself - by cacrispvs - 08-31-2007, 05:36 PM
caesar - by Graham Sumner - 08-31-2007, 07:08 PM
Re: Actor playing Brutus stabs himself - by Anonymous - 09-03-2007, 09:33 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Japan\'s Oldest Kabuki Actor Dies at 94 Narukami 0 781 02-22-2009, 07:12 AM
Last Post: Narukami
  Anyone playing Halo 3 here? Magnus 3 1,397 10-17-2007, 02:41 PM
Last Post: Historicula
  Best actor - Julius Caesar Tarbicus 17 3,022 11-15-2005, 05:09 PM
Last Post: Gaivs Antonivs Satvrninvs