Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roman Helmet reel
I recall the thread you are referring to Jim, but can't find it either. The crests? do look like a curling plume of some sort tho'.

Thanks for the 'whole' picture Jeroen, it clarifies the point here! Smile
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Thank you drsrob, naturally I was referring only to the type of helmet inside the cavalry. But that happens with the hoops of the hulls of infantry? Could they be these adornments reels simplified by the artists of TC?

Gracias drsrob, naturalmente me refería solo al tipo de yelmo dentro de la caballería. ¿Pero que sucede con las argollas de los cascos de infantería? ¿Pudieran ser estos adornos carretes simplificados por los artistas de TC?
Moncada Martín, Gabriel / MARCII ULPI MESSALA
Quote:Thank you drsrob, naturally I was referring only to the type of helmet inside the cavalry. But that happens with the hoops of the hulls of infantry? Could they be these adornments reels simplified by the artists of TC?
On these particular reliefs the helmets of infantrymen are exactly the same as those for cavalrymen, with the exception of the crests.
drsrob a.k.a. Rob Wolters