Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kit for the kids
I have Inquiries in to them. Waiting on response
Rusty, let me know if you hit the paydirt on this. I'm ordering one, I think, soon's I can get the biz part totalled out. I'll give a report if and when one arrives.
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
Greetings all.

Just wondering if there have been any developments or movement in striking a deal with this helmet's manufacturer to bring this to the US at a reasonable price point?

:?

Thanks.

Narukami
David Reinke
Burbank CA
Quote:Figures.

Cheaper than swimming round trip, I'll warrant. :lol: More reliable, too. I saw on the map that there be dragons halfway across the sea.... Confusedhock:

I really "LOL"'d when I saw that :lol:
Brandon Shifflet
LAst time I asked they told me they were not sure how to ship to the US.

Now, that makes me wonder... 1-800-PICK-UPS...

No idea if we will get them or not. Really an order for 50 should have caught their attention, but does not seem to have done so.

Rusty
They told me that they were not set up to ship to the US, and my eBay order was agreeably cancelled from both ends. Not sure what all the international paperwork might be, but it must be more than they want to handle.

They also said that they were the manufacturers.
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
You need someone in the UK to buy them and ship them to you surface mail. You may wonder how hard it is to go to the post office in Britain and mail something to the USA, but, wait, I've done it. It is a time consuming process and 1/3rd of the parcels I shipped did not arrive.
Caius Fabius Maior
Charles Foxtrot
moderator, Roman Army Talk
link to the rules for posting
[url:2zv11pbx]http://romanarmy.com/rat/viewtopic.php?t=22853[/url]
One would think that an order of 50 helmets would make it worth the hassle of dealing with the US and UK postal systems, or investigating alternate means of shipment, however...

I still think these would do well here, but perhaps I am being overly optimistic.

The cost of a single helmet with postage was more than I wanted to spend, and based upon your experience Demetrius obviously more trouble than the vendor wanted to deal with.

Oh well.

Thank you for your efforts Rusty.

Perhaps the vendor will change their mind.

Hope springs eternal. :wink:

Narukami
David Reinke
Burbank CA
Toy's R Us had a big box of foam swords and sheilds.
I got a set for my 4 year old and myself, and man he is a little Titus Pullo.
He got the block with the sheild, stab dont slash with the sword right away.

Great father and son fun!
My wife saw those at TRU as well and picked up a couple of sets (including a dagger). I then made a T-pole with a bag attached so our grandson could carry his "kit" as he marched off to the next camp.

Of course, as only a six year old can imagine the world (both ancient and modern) his legion is often in battle with the ancient Britons who tend to attack first with their air force ( Confusedhock: ) before engaging in a fierce close quarter battle.

It may be a-historical, but it is fun. Smile

Narukami
David Reinke
Burbank CA
Just think what Ceaser could have done with a little Tac Air? Big Grin
That's a great looking Roman helmet. To bad they won't ship these to the states, would have been a great gift for my grandson.

Maius/Bill
Marcus Petronius Maius
LEG XIIII GEMINA COH VI
And here is our mini-Spartan :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dienekes/1036725253/

Whatever he lacks in size he compansate with determination this lad 8) 8)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dienekes/1026390445/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dienekes/1026390321/

Aint he great or what???

Kind regards
That is one cool kid! 8)
Memmia AKA Joanne Wenlock.
Friends of Letocetum