Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Museum needs to borrow Roman army equipment for exhibit
There will be an exhibition on the Roman army at San Francisco State
University. We are looking for replica Roman army equipment (1st-3rd centuries AD) to borrow (from any interested person living in the United States). The exhibit will be early Nov. to early Dec. 2007 and we need to receive items by Sept. 30. We will pay for shipping and insurance. Items on display will be professionally photographed and included in the exhibit catalogue. Anyone lending their equipment will be credited in the exhibit and will receive copies of photos on CD and catalogue. Our museum is guarded and has full security at night and has temperature/humidity control. Items will be displayed in new exhibit cases, under glass. This is a wonderful opportunity to have your Roman equipment seen by thousands of people! If anyone is interested, please e-mail me a description and photograph of the items you would like to lend. Thank you very much!

My contact information:

Dr. Linda Ellis
Professor & Director, Museum Studies Program
San Francisco State University
[email protected]
www.sfsu.edu/~museumst/
Linda, is that restricted to US residents only?

It's a great idea, IMHO.
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
Thank you for responding! With regard to items from OUTSIDE the United States, the only issue is cost in shipping. We are interested in borrowing from any person with good equipment. If you have an appoximate idea of what it would cost for you to send your equipment to California, let me know!
L. Ellis
Hi Linda,
I already posted your request as a forum announcement. Please keep the extra (double) postings limited.
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
Greetings Dr. Ellis

What will be the price and availability (ordering process) for the show catalog?

No doubt there will be several members of our forum who will be interested in obtaining a copy.

Thanks.

Narukami
David Reinke
Burbank CA
Quote:Greetings Dr. Ellis

What will be the price and availability (ordering process) for the show catalog?

No doubt there will be several members of our forum who will be interested in obtaining a copy.

Thanks.

Narukami

Indeed!
Jef Pinceel
a.k.a.
Marcvs Mvmmivs Falco

LEG XI CPF vzw
>Q SER FEST
www.LEGIOXI.be

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Early byzantine army effectiveness and equipment Vexillation 1 1,592 04-22-2015, 02:40 PM
Last Post: Urselius
  Museum exhibit needs Roman armour MaterCastrorum 3 1,619 03-01-2006, 05:04 PM
Last Post: Marius_Ursus