Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
End of choice to a job
Here in Portugal, the government have approved a law that creates a commission who will regulate who can go to a certain job. If the person doesn’t have the necessary conditions (to be publish latter by the government), the employer is forbidden to employ them.
You may say: "that already happens, if i want to be a doctor, i must gave a degree". The problem is that qualifications aren't the main issue, even to be a jornalist, to have a degree in comunication won't be enouth.

More info here (unfortunely in Portuguese)

http://www.portugaldiario.iol.pt/notici ... div_id=291
Is it possible that the link is dead?
Jona Lendering
Relevance is the enemy of history
My website
Any reasons behind this law? Not even China does that.
Richard Campbell
Legio XX - Alexandria, Virginia
RAT member #6?
Quote:Any reasons behind this law? Not even China does that.
Non particular except that if the government does not do stupidities none will notice that there is a governmnet :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
It is international phenomenon.

Perhaps the Portugese members can enlightens us more.
kind regards
It reminds me of 'Green Card' regulations, that if you want to take a job in America, you can only be employed if you have the correct qualifications and nobody else in the State can be employed for the same job.
Is this maybe a similar rule...but for non Portugese working in the country and there has been confusion, or is there a lack of employment in Portugal that they are regulating work in this way?
Cristina
The Hoplite Association
[url:n2diviuq]http://www.hoplites.org[/url]
The enemy is less likely to get wind of an advance of cavalry, if the orders for march were passed from mouth to mouth rather than announced by voice of herald, or public notice. Xenophon
-
It's not for foreigners but for portuguese.
I have here in english another text of the subject (even if the most polemic part is excluded).
Officially, the law is trying to exclude those who are incompetents of the jobs and force the population to get more habilities (which is indeed a problem), but i thinks its ilegal. And i do you decides besides qualifications, experience and an interview tha a person is good or not?

http://www.eurofound.europa.eu/eiro/200 ... 4029i.html
I think this is the effect of global competition for skills. If a country cannot bring the average level of citizen skills up to meet the higher standards of international competition, more of their citizens will be out of work and on the social payroll: very little chance of getting the sort of piece work the Chinese are flooding the planet with. The flipside in the EU is that these now better trained workers can move around Europe (as I understand) and take their incomes and tax payments off to Poland or Italy.
Richard Campbell
Legio XX - Alexandria, Virginia
RAT member #6?