Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To the Irish guys on the forum: moving to Ireland
Well the title says it all... I'm wanting to move to Ireland in the next 2-3 years with my wife, and I've done all the research I can. I'm aware of all the immigration laws (i've literally poured over all the government sites, even reading the entire constitution...) and such, but I'm having problems with the work permits. basically, what I've done is emailed a ton of people with my qualifications and my intentions, but I've not really recieved a response from anyone but the Irish consulate.

So I figured maybe I'd post here; I'm wanting to move to the cork area, which appeals to me, and I've emailed pubs and restraunts asking if they hire internationally. I can give more details and such, but was wondering if any of the gaelo-romans on here had any advice on where to look. I'm a cook with army experience, and a civil engineer draftsman as well.

Thanks!
"Marcus Hortensius Castus"
or, to those interested,
"Kyle Horton"

formerly Horton III
Hi Kyle one irish guy here :wink:

it will take a working week (5days) for an answer from the grov(if your lucky.There very lazy 8) and their is no wory about work their are loads of jobs about.
"The Kaiser knows the Munsters,
by the Shamrock on their caps,
And the famous Bengal Tiger, ever ready for a scrap,
And all his big battalions, Prussian Guards and grenadiers,
Fear to face the flashing bayonets of the Munster Fusiliers."

Go Bua
Thanks Shane, I appreciate the response.
"Marcus Hortensius Castus"
or, to those interested,
"Kyle Horton"

formerly Horton III
no prob Big Grin
"The Kaiser knows the Munsters,
by the Shamrock on their caps,
And the famous Bengal Tiger, ever ready for a scrap,
And all his big battalions, Prussian Guards and grenadiers,
Fear to face the flashing bayonets of the Munster Fusiliers."

Go Bua