Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dissertation on Re-enactment - a plea for aid!
Here's Mine:

1) Gender: Male
2) What is your age group?: 36-45
3) What period do you portray?: early 4th to early 5th c. AD
4) What role do you play?:
Normally, I'm richly equipped enough to play an officer of the Field Army, but also regular trooper or 'guard to the bishop'.
5) Why do you take part in living history activities?
Because I like it to bits, because it's fun interacting with other re-enactoirs and the public, educational purposes
Which is the most important reason?:
I guess I already wanted to do this when I was a kid.
6) Are potential ethical or moral issues something you would take into account when participating in an event?
Not like those differing from day to day. 7) If yes, what issues would you consider? What is the most important?
It's not work and it should not become work, ever. It's important to have rules, but also to keep seeing each other as equals. Eaquality and trust amonst each other.
However, it's also important to keep the public at some distance, since the have different ideas and rules at an event.
8 ) Which would be of more importance to you in an event?
Trust. If that's going without saying, everything is cool.
9) At what point would you consider an event unethical or inappropriate?
If it becomes purely commercial. I mean, I like getting paid for my being there (also helps to pay for gas and new helmets), and I sometimes do an appearance for free, but I would never consider doing something for a disinterested public. Never company outings or 'dress-up parties' for me.
10) Have you any other comments?
You might want to ask more about family? Or to what lengths people can go to do this?
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)

Messages In This Thread
survey - by Robbie Phillips - 07-27-2007, 08:27 PM
Re: Dissertation on Re-enactment - a plea for aid! - by Robert Vermaat - 07-29-2007, 01:31 PM