Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New recruits
Hi,

My name is Julian, and I am from the UK. I have been a lurker on this forum for many years, but never really engaged with it, simply reading it silently. Thought now was a good a time as ever!

I have always been interested in the Roman Empire, particularly the Late Roman Empire. I have decided to try my hand at a novel, based around happenings in the late 4th century A.D. While I know a lot from various sources and my own research, I still have a ton of questions (don't we all?) and so look forward to meeting you all and discussing various things on this forum!

Julian
Julian M. Silva Cross
Hi All,
Sjoerd here from The Netherlands.
I moved a couple of years ago to an interesting area in the middle of The Netherlands, just south of Utrecht. I am now slowly getting familiar with the Roman history here as my residence is right on the Limes (and in the New Dutch Waterline).

At the moment I am reading a lot about Roman history. And what is more fun than reading about it? Talking about it!

Hope to learn a lot here!
Sjoerd

P.S. can a mod help me create a signature?
Im Rob drummer in "Cirith Ungol" and love everything Italian. I was a member here but so long ago my info was lost, so I rejoined!

I collected a roman soldier outfit and wearing it tonight!

You're recording a new album and we wrote a song based on the Roman slave ship scene in the movie Ben Hur. It was my idea and I'm trying to convey the feeling of the drummer on the slave ship counting the beads to make the slaves row!

I love Italian cars but I've never been to Italy which is my dream. We were supposed to play there last year but it got canceled because of the pandemic!

Rob
Hello there,

Name is Joe, I am pleased to join this community, here are the answers:

Where are you from?
I'm from Birmingham, UK.

How did you become interested in Rome?
I became interested in Rome during my studies in college while taking a course on ancient civilizations. I found Roman history and culture fascinating, and I've been reading and watching documentaries on the topic ever since.

Why are you here?
I joined this forum to connect with other people who share my passion for Roman history. I'm interested in engaging in discussions, learning from others, and sharing my own knowledge and perspectives.

Do you re-enact, are you a student, an academic professional, or..?
I'm a student of history with a specific interest in ancient civilizations, including Rome. I'm not a re-enactor, but I hope to become an academic professional in the future and contribute to the field of historical research and knowledge.

Cheers!
Betting Offers - Best Free Bets & Sign Up Offers https://legalbet.uk/betting-offers/ Bonuses, Free bets, or any other Promotion
Hi guys, I need your help!

I am doing research for a fictional book and need a great name for the main character.
He is a common legionaire from Legio II Augusta and an active part of the british invasion.

I want him to have a real name, so I am looking for either great suggestions or a list of actual soldiers that were apart of the invasion.

Fellow enthusiasts can you help me?

Best regards,
Mikkel
Hello,

My name is Benjamin and I am glad join the forum.

I became interested in Rome a few years back, and have researched Roman military history as a hobby ever since.

Though I don't currently re-enact, I would like to get into it. I've played around a bit with making shields, so far my only completed one being a parma. Since I don't have a very large budget and enjoy slinging, I'd like to recreate a light auxiliary slinger such as the one on Trajan's Column. I've also given thought to recreating a Balearic slinger from the Second Punic War.

I have looked around on this forum for a while, and found lots of helpful and interesting information. I'm excited to take part in discussions about ancient history!
Benjamin
Hello All,

My name is Justin. I have always been interested in Roman history especially the crisis of the third century. I have dabbled a little bit in roman reenacting and plan on getting back into it. This forum has come highly recommended from multiple friends of mine. I look forward to being part of this community!
Hi,

I‘m Flavius Novellius Curtis from Germany.
Luckily. I live in an area with former Roman presence (one of the suburbs of the city I live in formely was a roman „Caput civitatis“, and the remains of several roman castles were found in the sourrounding areas, with one, the „Saalburg“ near the Limes, even reconstructed).

Roman and Greek mythology tales were my favourite bedtime stories as a kid, and I ever since felt attracted to roman history and culture, although I never really studied it. I also must confess that I‘m more interested in Roman civilian life than in Roman army stuff... Nevertheless, I‘m glad to have found this forum!
I am Harry from Scotland [although I previously lived in the Netherlands and Germany for some 20 years or so].

I have been interested in the Romans since one day in 1978 when I first opened the "Ecce Romani" Latin text book in class at school. ("Ecce! In pictura est puella..." ). Yes, we still did Latin and Greek in my school in those days.

This site appears to be a good place to supplement research for my current projects. Nowadays I have embarked on trying to make 1/10 scale model figures of Roman soldiers in various materials such as polymer clay, epoxy, wood, paper, metal foil and so on. First on the workbench is aquilifer Cnaeus Musius of Legio XIII Gem.

I am now way too old to convincingly reenact anything other than a senex (although I do own one of those Deepeeka "Imperial Gallic H" helmets - which I sometimes put on when nobody is around Blush ).

-- Harry
Hello
My name is Dave and I'm a new member from Chicago. A long time interest in all things history and archaeology, but have only recently developed a deeper interest in the Roman world. With many years involvement in product development and engineering, I would especially enjoy participating in discussions focused on reverse engineering of ancient tools technologies and weapons.
Hello!

The name's Jim and I'm a military history enthusiast with an MA from the University of Birmingham (UK); I've had an interest in Greco-Roman history since high school and just recently have been reading up on Late Antiquity and the Late Roman Army. I look forward to interacting with the RAT community!
Salvete!

My name is Hendrik, 49 years old and from Germany.
I'm in reenactment since several years.
Actually I'm working on a kit as a Capsarius from the 1st century a.D.
Looking forward for a good knowledge and experience exchange ?
Welcome all new recruits!
Be sure to add your real (first) name into your signature and happy posting/reading here!
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)