Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New recruits
Greetings to the community!

My name is Sait. I am from Ankara/Turkey. I am actually a returning member. However I lost access to my previous account several years ago. Anyway, I am overall interested in ancient and medieval warfare, related figure modelling, 3D modelling and game modding. Glad to be here.
Welcome back Sait.
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
[Image: artgroepbutton.jpg]
Hello! I'm Alessandro, from Italy.
My interest in classical antiquity–most of all the military aspects–goes back to my childhood, but I started reading books on the subject again only in recent years.
I'm here to learn and collect information for a project I'm currently working on, and also because I hope to find people interested in it, of course.
Brick 
Greetings!

I am Bruce Pruett and live on a small ranch in the Sierra Nevada mountains of California.  I am primarily interested in Roman/German history and my current fascination is the Gallic Empire. 
I am also retired from my role as a marketing executive for some major Silicon Valley companies.  If you want marketing advice for your project/whatever, I am happy to share my thoughts.

A military brat, I've lived in Morocco and a few places in Germania Superior as well as other non-Roman-related areas of the world.  I speak three languages - English, German, and Hessisch (I even make Ebblewoi at home). 
Although I have degrees in psychology, philosophy, and oenology I am constitutionally an auto-didact, but I am getting therapy for that.  I am also ex-US Army, so I hope to bring marginally more practical military experience/thought processes into these discussions.  From what I have read, a number of you have similar martial experience.

I know I will never be able to contribute as much as I take away from all the knowledge and experience represented here, but I'll try.  I have a ton of questions and the list is growing.

I promise to resort to the search engine first before asking any questions. 

Happy to answer any questions you may have.

Regards,
Bruce
Bruce Pruett

Vertrauen ist gut.  Kontrolle ist besser.

Kennen Sie den hessischen Wurstart der mit "U" anfaengt?  ????  Uffschnitt!
Welcome Bruce! Please add your name to your signature? That way you won't forget adding it to every message. Wink
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
Hello everyone! My name is Marcus. I live near the city of Washington D.C.

I am in very interested in the civilizations and militaries of Classical and Late Antiquity. Mainly the Romans, the Hellenes and the Persians. But I am usually researching more about the Romans then the other two. I am especially interested with the Roman Army of the 3rd and 4th centuries and the history of the Empire in the 3rd and 4th centuries.

I would like to learn about the ''late'' Roman Army in this forum along with other subjects and perhaps share my thoughts time to time.
Welcome to the forum Marcus. Greetings from a fellow Late Roman.

Don't forget to add your real name to your signature!
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans