If you want more just tell me.
Strike first, ask later!
Sure!

Are considering having a complete kit?

Or making a group?
[Image: 120px-Septimani_seniores_shield_pattern.svg.png] [Image: Estalada.gif]
Ivan Perelló
[size=150:iu1l6t4o]Credo in Spatham, Corvus sum bellorum[/size]
After a long absense after the move, I am back.

Some brief stuff about me for those who dont know me

I am a 22 year old undergraduate going into my senior year majoring in history and classics at university of iowa with aspirations of going on to get my phd in Greek and Roman History from University of Michigan.
"Freedom was at stake- freedom, which whets the courage of brave men"- Titus Livius

Nil recitas et vis, Mamerce, poeta videri.
Quidquid vis esto, dummodo nil recites!- Martial
Welcome back Gnaeus!!!
[Image: 120px-Septimani_seniores_shield_pattern.svg.png] [Image: Estalada.gif]
Ivan Perelló
[size=150:iu1l6t4o]Credo in Spatham, Corvus sum bellorum[/size]
I am new to the RAT boards and am on a reading frenzy! I have always loved the Roman Legions and have been indulging my passion with several really good books lately. The site seems very informative and I will be reading as much as possible before posting anymore questions so I will have had a chance to absorb as much information so as not to ask you all the same boring questions over and over.

A bit about myself, I am an electrical engineering technician (boring i know! I reenact WW2 and do 82nd ABN paratrooper and 3rd Infantry infantryman. I have been an avid Roman fan for years and had no I idea this type of reenacting existed. I am 39 years old and have 3 children and a understanding wife (understanding yes but she still thinks I am nuts!)

I am a Forum Moderator on the WW2 reenactors Board and have been for 2 years so I know how hearing the same questions can drive you nuts!

- where are you from? St Louis Missouri
- how'd you become interested in Rome? Have been all my life.
- why are you here? To learn more about the greatest Army to walk the earth!
- do you re-enact, are you a student, an academic professional, or..? A little of all the above, but would like to reenact!
Gregorius Rotunda Rufus
"Vetus Gero"
Legio X "Equestris"
Greg Lee
Welcome to the board Buggnkat!
Make yourself at home and - despite your own experiences - please do not hesitate to ask questions you think might have been asked before. (Although, the search-function works very well :wink: )
If you've read some really good books about Roman legions, why not write a short review in the Reviews section? There are many people around here who like to read good books too and could use recommendations.

Finally, please use at least your real first name in your posts. Thanks!
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
Sorry I was cutting and pasting becasue I am a lousy typist and wiped out my own name!

Greg Lee
Buggnkat
Gregorius Rotunda Rufus
"Vetus Gero"
Legio X "Equestris"
Greg Lee
Quote:Sure!

Are considering having a complete kit?

Or making a group?

Sorry for my absence! Here are more pictures with my helmet and my sword. I was thinking to built a lorica hamata ( I'm building a crusader chain mail helmet now) but I have some problems because the rings must be flat. And I don't see myself flattening each ring with the hammer because there must be over 10 000 rings in there.

I moved the pictures here:
[url:2dzfl1cc]http://www.romanarmy.com/rat/viewtopic.php?p=40865#40865[/url]
Strike first, ask later!
Hi Olaf,
Why don't you upload pictures of your equipment to the Reenactment gallery on the main site ( http://www.romanarmy.com/cms ). That's a more appropriate place than this thread.
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Because I was carried very very away :lol: .
Strike first, ask later!
Hello RAT!

I am 38 years old project-designer from Jyväskylä University Finland. I have been interested in history, especially roman, as long as I can remember. My special area of interest just now is late roman army. I don`t do re-enactment because the only re-enactment groups to my knowledge in Finland are vikings and medieval in general. Anyway I have collected some arms and helmets concerning roman military.

Just now I have been testing a 50 pound recurve bow. I will comment later my opinios about the burgh-style helmet and it`s suitability with the bow, which is not good on my opinion (even with the thumb-release).

So this is my short introduction to your pages, which are really great

VIRILIS FINLANDICUS
Virilis / Jyrki Halme
PHILODOX
[Image: fectio.png]
Dear fellows,

After a few weeks in re-enactment campaign I have a few minutes to re-join to this Forum after changing my name (the “oldâ€ÂÂ
Primus Inter Pares

Cetobrigus Alexius / Alexandre de Setúbal
- where are you from?
Beautiful 29 Palms California

- how'd you become interested in Rome?
I don't know, I've been interested in the Greeks and the Romans since I was a kid.

- why are you here?
Knowlege is power, world domination, social interaction etc.

- do you re-enact, are you a student, an academic professional, or..?
U.S. Marine dabling in Military History. Been playing in the SCA for a couple of years, but now I wanna do a quality Kit. Got a few othe Marines interested in it with me. Were are contemplating doing a 30ish bc Clasiarius (marine) unit for Reenactment/ SCA/ fun
Gaius Marius Cingetorix

M.K.A. J.D. Walker

Rome didn\'t create a great empire by having meetings....
They did it by KILLING all those who opposed them.
People who are interested in classiarii are ok by me! Welcome to the board, make yourself at home.
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
- where are you from?

I live in Amsterdam, Holland, in the western part of the city, although I spend a lot of time in the Brakke Grond café.

- how'd you become interested in Rome?

I don't remember when I read that children's book, nor do I remember its title, but I was immediately interested in reading more about Antiquity. My main interests are Germania Inferior, the city of Rome, ancient Persia, and the largely unpublished corpus of texts known as Babylonian Chronicles of the Hellenistic Period ([url:1wy26vmc]http://www.livius.org/cg-cm/chronicles/chron00.html[/url]).

- why are you here?

I'm currently writing a booklet on the legions and want to check my facts.

- do you re-enact, are you a student, an academic professional, or..?

I am a historian, webmaster of the website mentioned below, and author of several books. My last one was on Alexander the Great; the most interesting chapters can be found here

[url:1wy26vmc]http://www.livius.org/aj-al/alexander/alexander_z7.html[/url]
[url:1wy26vmc]http://www.livius.org/aj-al/alexander/alexander_z6.html[/url]
Jona Lendering
Relevance is the enemy of history
My website