Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New recruits
Quote:
Quote:I just find out today that my wife is PREGNANT!!!
Comerus, congratulations to you and your wife!

Thank you Valerius, that would be my second baby Big Grin

Remarks by Philip on the Athenian Leaders:
Philip said that the Athenians were like the bust of Hermes: all mouth and dick. 
Congratulations Comerus!
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
HOC HABITAT FELICITAS!

Congratulations Commerus Gallus Romus PATER FAMILIAS!
[Image: 120px-Septimani_seniores_shield_pattern.svg.png] [Image: Estalada.gif]
Ivan Perelló
[size=150:iu1l6t4o]Credo in Spatham, Corvus sum bellorum[/size]
Congratulations, Comerus!! Big Grin
Tomorow it will be a year since my second daughter was born. Hard but, somehow, exciting... :wink:

Aitor
It\'s all an accident, an accident of hands. Mine, others, all without mind, from one extreme to another, but neither works nor will ever.

Rolf Steiner
Thanks to you all guys! Big Grin
And I understand you Aitor, my first baby girl was not so easy, my wife had a pregnancy from HELL! :lol: the baby is 1 1/2 y.o. She has been a blessing, although she now tries to show us who's boss. I hope that this pregnancy will be easier for my wife and for me too....

And....Happy Birthday to your Daughter! Big Grin

Remarks by Philip on the Athenian Leaders:
Philip said that the Athenians were like the bust of Hermes: all mouth and dick. 
Greetings all,Im Greame (Caius) from Belfast,Ive always been interested in ancient history,especially Rome,Ive always wanted to re-enact as well but I never thought I would meet other like minded folk here in Ireland.Im also interested in WW2 history,which has led me to re-enact that,BUT!,the lure of the Empire has proved to be too much for me,and a few guys in my WW2 unit are now interested in re-enacting Roman Army too(after much brain washing from myself),so there may well be a unit being formed at long last!.
I also make mosaics in my spare time,strictly amateur,though I have managed to sell quite a few,and my prize possesion is a 2nd century bronze Roman ring which never leaves my finger,I hope to learn a lot here,Im a bit in awe of the knowledge folks have here,so I hope you wont bore of all the future questions Im going to have for kit etc and where to go for it!.
thanks for letting me be a part of this.
Caius.
Caius

Graeme Weeks
Hibernia
Welcome CAIVS HIBERNICVS!

Do u have any pic of that ring?
Ivan Perelló
Thanks FAVENTIANVS,yes I will get photos of the ring for you,it has a 'B' engraved on the main part,with small laurel leaves on each side,very good condition too,comes up very nice when polished,a beauteful gold colour.
Caius

Graeme Weeks
Hibernia
Greetings!

- where are you from? Alberta Canada
- how'd you become interested in Rome? I'm infolved in the Canadian Badlands Passion Play, and became friends with the guy playing the Centurion
- why are you here? Complex question, one the the worlds most asked too Big Grin
- do you re-enact, are you a student, an academic professional, or..? I do, I reinact a Syrian Auxilliary Archer during the time of Christ. I am currently a student
Nonnie
Welcome Lysandra!
Ivan Perelló
Where are you from?
I'm from Zaventem, Flanders, Belgium.

How'd you become interested in Rome?
A couple of years ago, I think 5 or so, there was something to do in a museum and since then I've started to collect books etc. about the Romans. My interest was long before that, but I never got to collect stuff untill 5 years ago. Now it's a bit more than just books 8)

Why are you here?
To talk and discuss matters with my fellow reenactors, and to learn more than you can find in books.

Do you re-enact, are you a student, an academic professional, or..?
Currently I'm still studying, being 18 years old. I'm a Roman reenactor here in Belgium in Legio XXX Coh IV, which is just founded. I'm also a Greek reenactor, just started with that, not in a group.
Ave!
I didn't introduced my self on the old forum so I'am doing it now.
My name is Alexandru Dumitrescu, I am from Bucuresti (Bucharest), Romania. I like the Romans even since I was a little kid, now I am 29 years old.
I am interesting in ancient and medieval weapons and warefare. I also like painting soldiers and building dioramas (see http://www.romanarmy.com/rat/viewtopic. ... 0275#40275 about the Dacians, one of Rome's enemy)
There is no reenactor grup in my country. I know you would say it is a chance to build one and I'm thinking to do that. Do you know anything about some dacians enroled in Roman army? I heared there were some of them in Britain.

For now I have a centurion helmet and the gladius:
[Image: img_187079.jpg]
Strike first, ask later!
Welcome Alexandru!

Do you have other pics from your helmet, I'd like to see more details.

By the way, I have familly from Bucuresti too!
Ivan Perelló
Nice to meet you. I have one more picture but I can take more if you want.

[Image: img_187850.jpg]
Strike first, ask later!
Yes please, and the gladius too.

Thanx.
Ivan Perelló