Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New recruits
(09-30-2016, 02:35 PM)Langungonus Wrote: Salvete Smile

I'm from Germany (my username is the early medieval latin version of the town I live in). I became interested in Rome at an early age, initially through Asterix and Sandal movies, later through Rosemary Sutcliff and other authors.
I'm here because some of my favorite authors like Ben Kane or Harry Sidebottom referred to this board and it seems a unique place.
I'm here to learn, mainly just for myself and my interest in Rome but also in the long run for a novel idea I have kicking around in my head Wink
I have never reenacted and my academic background is in a different, but slightly related field: Law....
Welcome, Langungonus, enjoy your stay!
---
Salvatore Falco

vel

Furius Togius Claudius Quintillus
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010431916603
Gaius Marius Severus
Salve Citizens. My name is Josh/Gaius and I'm a long time reenactor from Southern California, now located in Charlotte. I'm a fireman, and have recently sought out the Rome group in the DC area. Wonderful to be here.
Fatis enim sanguis.

Josh H

Welcome Josh and 'Langungonus'
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Hi everyone!

My name is Artur, I am from Sweden and during the last two years I have developed an interest in the ancient world with primary focus on Rome. I am hosting a Roman themed LARP on the Swedish west coast and I thought I might as well tag along with the reenactors. There seems to be very few ancient reenactors in Sweden however but I am trying to recruit some people so that I won't have to be alone.

I am half done with my basic kit by now although not everything is of prime quality and historical accuracy but it's a start and I am reading through the forums to do as much correct from the beginning as possible.
(10-10-2016, 08:30 PM)Artur Hulu Wrote: Hi everyone!

My name is Artur, I am from Sweden and during the last two years I have developed an interest in the ancient world with primary focus on Rome. I am hosting a Roman themed LARP on the Swedish west coast and I thought I might as well tag along with the reenactors. There seems to be very few ancient reenactors in Sweden however but I am trying to recruit some people so that I won't have to be alone.

I am half done with my basic kit by now although not everything is of prime quality and historical accuracy but it's a start and I am reading through the forums to do as much correct from the beginning as possible.

Welcome Artur. May your stay here be long and fruitful, as well as fun.
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
Salve!

My name's Sergio, gens Villamor. I live in Madrid, Spain, and my passion for Roman culture, army and history comes from far back in past. From Marius and the Scipios to Traianus and Empire, I think we can still learn a lot from them, for what and what not. History is, in the end, the old path that we'll somewhere in time walk again.

I do not belong to any LARP (lack of time, mainly) but I'm very interested in roman army fencing, trying to get accurate and practical combat information.

It's great indeed to be here, and I'm eager to learn as much as possible. For sure I will!

Vale!

Non une die Roma aedificata est
Hi everybody!

My name is Elliott, I am from France. I'm studying history and archaeology at Blaise-Pascal university of Clermont-Ferrand (Auvergne). For many years I have developed an interested in the roman military field, but not especially in militaria or building archaeology: I’m interested in a global military archaeology conjugating all the fields of modern archaeology.
I have never reenacted as there is no association of roman reenactors in Auvergne. This account was created more than one year ago. I had a lot to do since that moment and the language barrier repelled me as my English level is not really good — I apologize for that… Here I’m looking for information I cannot find on French forum as French people are not as interested in roman military archaeology as British or German are.
Valete!
Elliott S.
Your English is totally fine, welcome!
Fatis enim sanguis.

Josh H

Ave, I joined a couple days ago and have been interested in the Roman era for a about 4 or more years. I'm from the United States. I want to join a reenactment group but am not sure if there is one in my state. I am mostly interested in the late roman and byzantine period of the military. I'm also a student so I can't really afford any equipment. One thing I want to look up on is the equipment of army in the time Justinian.
Xavier
Welcome to our new members (and I'm not referring to the spambots we have to remove each morning!)!
May your stay be fruitful.

A friendly reminder to all who enter these grounds: you need to use your real (first) name either as a username or as a signature. Forum rules!
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
Hi everyone I'm Brian from Tyne and Wear UK and I'm a dad with kids, and employed full time.
Always liked the look of Roman military history, but no knowledge at all Sad
I've just started reading some Simon Scarrow books and they got me thinking about this.
To also gain some knowledge, possibly join a reenactment group and find out where or how to acquire the relevant equipment for an earlyish timescale.

Be kind guys, and any help most appreciated.

Cheers
Welcome Brian!
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
Hello forum members,
I forgot to post here first but anyway i'm Jonah. I come from the U.S. or more specifically Iowa. I became interested in Rome a year or two ago as I mainly like World War Two. The main reason for this is just reading about the Romans. That leads to my purpose it is mainly for research and finding reenactors. As for reenacting I'm too young to afford any accurate equipment but I plan on doing more research and buying period correct equipment.
Jonah Eastwood 
Hi Jonah, welcome to RAT!
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
Hello everyone!

My name is Norm and I am here to learn and I hope to be able to contribute to the forum. 

Gratias tibi ago. Smile