Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deepeeka Helmet Sizing - Help
I am looking to get a late first century Roman Helmet (Deepeeka) - I was hoping to get an Italic D or Gallic G but was wondering if someone could give me some sizing assistance, 

i have used a coat hanger to get my head measurements and (as close as I can get them they are 6 3/4 [17.145 cm] side to side by 8 3/8 front to back maybe 8 1/2   [ 21.275 cm maybe 21.59cm]  with a circumference of about 23 3/4 [60.325]

Could I wear one of these two helmets, if not what would be best for the time period I am shooting for? 

thank you
Troy
Aquilae I
"Murum aries attigit"
(08-07-2018, 05:14 PM)Aquilae1 Wrote: I am looking to get a late first century Roman Helmet (Deepeeka) - I was hoping to get an Italic D or Gallic G but was wondering if someone could give me some sizing assistance, 

i have used a coat hanger to get my head measurements and (as close as I can get them they are 6 3/4 [17.145 cm] side to side by 8 3/8 front to back maybe 8 1/2   [ 21.275 cm maybe 21.59cm]  with a circumference of about 23 3/4 [60.325]

Could I wear one of these two helmets, if not what would be best for the time period I am shooting for? 

thank you

I would suggest asking the Vendor to give you the internal measuements of the helmet your looking for, this is the only real way to tell as individual helmets or batches may differ... usually I would allow a 1cm clearance alround for a felt/leather lining.... 23.5 x 19-20cm should work...

Wink
Ivor

"And the four bare walls stand on the seashore. a wreck a skeleton a monument of that instability and vicissitude to which all things human are subject. Not a dwelling within sight, and the farm labourer, and curious traveller, are the only persons that ever visit the scene where once so many thousands were congregated." T.Lewin 1867
thank you for the information, guess I am out of luck, I found a site the lists internal measurements and they do not have a helmet that is bigger than 8.5" [21.59 cm] front to back 23.5 cm would be about 9.25" [side to side does not appear to be a problem]
Troy
Aquilae I
"Murum aries attigit"

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Helmet sizing question Titus Tiberius Crispus 10 2,585 12-24-2007, 06:55 AM
Last Post: Gaius Julius Caesar