Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Inevitable Football Topic
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, the Spanish overall in this game play much better football, have less yellow cards, no red ones, and are far more in control !!

Yo soy mui mui feliz !!!!!!

M.VIB.M.
Bushido wa watashi no shuukyou de gozaru.

Katte Kabuto no O wo shimeyo!

H.J.Vrielink.
Quote:Well, the Spanish overall in this game play much better football, have less yellow cards, no red ones, and are far more in control !!
Volgens mij heb jij net zoveel stront in je ogen als de scheids. Maar goed je hebt je zin hoor.
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Quote:Well, the Spanish overall in this game play much better football, have less yellow cards, no red ones, and are far more in control !!

I wonder how you know that much about this game, where you tell everyone you don't like the tournament. I mean, everything I know about the game is what is on the Nu.nl frontpage and is that it was still 0 - 0 at the end of the first half (and the second and the 3rd). (and that is much enough to know)
ALA I BATAVORUM
Congratulations Spain! Fireworks here in Amsterdam.
Jona Lendering
Relevance is the enemy of history
My website
LOL well i dont have as much shit in my eyes as the referee like you said to me in Dutch Vortigern.... however, i hate soccer, i hate the orange morons all around us at the moment who have terrorised my view and ears for these last few weeks, and everything concerning this so called national feeling and commerce around it...

There is an oil leak, there are wars, there is famine, there are many problems in this world, so building stadiums for millions of rand NEXT TO slums where poor people are dying from hunger, need i continue?

second, my Roman ancestor whom i have adopted was born in Mérida, my sister lives in Madrid, i love Hispania so yes naturally i am happy we have won !!

and BTW Jur, i have watched football before, i know the rules, i have seen this match live and overall Spain was better.

M.VIB.M.

H.J.Vrielink.
Quote:13/06/2010
Football should be abolished and substituted for Gladiatorial games and Animal sports in the Arena's.

Quote:21/07/2010
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The extraordinary transformative power of sport, or what?

Tongue
Nathan Ross
Yesterday at Barcelona one million people waving catalan flags, claiming for the independence...
Today at Barcelona, one million people waving the spanish flag, claming for Spain's victory...
To me sport is the strangest thing in the world. Confusedhock:
Jorge Mambrilla
LOL Nathan......... the whahahahaha and gooooaaal is for all those arrogant Dutch orange nutters who thought they would win the cup and were already acting like it... And Octavianus, i agree with the weirdness of Spain in its present state....

Should i feel sorry for the loss? should i be empathic and feel for all the orange fans who have been so so excited only to become so so disappointed and sad?

Not really, i feel sad for all the poor South Africans who in stead of being helped out of the slums saw the money they so desperately needed squandered on a prestigious game which is idiotic in its very core...... :evil:

The Octopus *sybille incarnated, was right after all Tongue

PS ludi gladiatori would be indeed a lovely swap :mrgreen:

M.VIB.M.

H.J.Vrielink.
Quote:i hate the orange morons all around us
I can imagine, and yes, it is particularly tasteless to be thinking about football only - after all, today it's fifteen years ago that Dutch soldiers were unable to defend Srebrenica. Yet, I also think you're exaggerating. Here in my street, those orange morons and some morons dressed in yellow and right had a great evening. The rioja was excellent and we had great fun. Nothing wrong with that.
Jona Lendering
My website
Of course i am exaggerating Jona, you should know me a little by now....... :mrgreen:

Rioja ?? MMMMM !!! nice !! and of course not all orange fans are morons.... its just the ones with little IQ, EQ and the rioters who at this moment are fighting in several cities i detest.....

Indeed the Srebrenica massacre crossed my mind several times this week, one of my friends lost his mind there, and took a very very long time to recover.

M.VIB.M.

H.J.Vrielink.
Amidst all the cheers and tears, has anyone given thought to how close The World Cup came to being decided by a penalty shootout? Confusedhock:

What a farce that would have been............ :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"dulce et decorum est pro patria mori " - Horace
(It is a sweet and proper thing to die for ones country)

"No son-of-a-bitch ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country" - George C Scott as General George S. Patton
Paul McDonnell-Staff
OOOH you are so right Paullus !! indeed that would have been a total farce ! and true, they did come so so close........ :? shock:

H.J.Vrielink.
Quote:What a farce that would have been............ :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Why? It's all in the game, and it would have done justice to this match. Bad football on both sides, too rough, both teams too inhibited by the magnitude of it all. Both teams and neither team deserved to win, so a shoot-out would have been more deserving. An ugly match - way too many cards - or too few! Some fouls went unpunished where others didn't.
Not a good final, and I would have liked to see penalties... Draw out the agony a bit longer, why not? :twisted:

PS: my wife made me look, I did not want to see it. And now we're punished with endless repeats and after-the-match bladiblah. I'm glad this is over for another 4 years. Olympics, anyone?
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Quote:I did not want to see it. And now we're punished with endless repeats and after-the-match bladiblah. I'm glad this is over for another 4 years. Olympics, anyone?
I recognize the sentiment; "all those orange morons", as referred to above. Yet, sport can be nice, and sharing the excitement of a match can be a great experience.

What worries me, though, is that football has become something like a big bank: Too Big To Fail. It is no longer just an enjoyable game, but is taking over parts of society. Building too expensive stadiums next to the slums and not allowing the poor living next to it to sell some souvenirs, is imperialism. A nation that, on a day of collective mourning (Holland, Srebrenica) prefers football acts perversely. Worst of all, the bonus for the winner - an average additional economic growth of 0,7% - is too big to allow it to minor economies like Holland or Spain. Had Germany won the championship, we would have seen thousands of additional jobs all over Europe, while a Spanish victory is beneficial to the Iberian peninsula only. Somehow, that does not feel right.

And yet, it can be beautiful and it should be. But I do not know how we can get back to normalcy - enjoying a good match with friends.
Jona Lendering
My website
Quote:Congratulations Spain! Fireworks here in Amsterdam.

Thank you very much Jona!

At the end, it should be just a game, as you said a moment to enjoy with friends (and if there´s Rioja involved much better). But actually is more than that, and I hope it serves to ciment a country much divided by short sighted regionalism. Sad that football can do that and not a common democratic way started together more than 30 years ago...

Sorry for Holland, but I believe the goal did justice to the match.

Best regards, from a hangover waked up Spain
"nos Celtis genitos et ex Hiberis" - Marcial, Epigrammata, IV, 55.

Blossio/Alberto Pérez
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.despertaferro-ediciones.com">www.despertaferro-ediciones.com

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Your favourite football club Decius 41 8,381 04-15-2008, 06:55 PM
Last Post: Decius
  San Diego Football Hibernicus 4 1,606 04-23-2004, 06:15 PM
Last Post: Hibernicus