• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Making a Lararium
Confusedhock: Really nice! Great job. Smile
Valete,
Titvs Statilivs Castvs - Sander Van Daele
LEG XI CPF
COH VII RAET EQ (part of LEG XI CPF)

MA in History
I'm very happy with the result, but I still have to do some more on it to finish this project. And of course I now need lare statues. Thanks for your comments and support! It's very good to see that people like your work. Big Grin
ALA I BATAVORUM
Very nicely done!
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Is it ready by Sunday? for our event at the museum
[size=150:1eo9aiz4]errare hvmanvm est[/size]

ALEXANDER TIBERIVS MAXIMVS
Gerard Schotgerrits

CORBVLO
The paint job of the building will not be ready by sunday, but I'll take the lararium with me, so we could do our first show with it for sure!
ALA I BATAVORUM
The painting isn't ready yet, but yesterday the lararium had his first event

[Image: mini-IMG_0901.jpg]
ALA I BATAVORUM
Due to some other projects I haven't found any time to finish the painting, but today I got a nice pair of Lare for my birthsday, and thought it was a good idea to share the pics.

[Image: DSC05226.jpg]

[Image: DSC05227.jpg]
ALA I BATAVORUM
They have arrived I see. Nice.
Can't wait to see it for real.
Cheers,
Wim.
Pvblivs Cordvs
(Wim van Broekhoven)
CORBVLO
Forgot again.
Wim van Broekhoven a.k.a.
Cordvs from Corbvlo
Pvblivs Cordvs
(Wim van Broekhoven)
CORBVLO
Wim, put those details in your signature (by the profile link above)
ALA I BATAVORUM
I've tried that before, but somehow I can't access that. Not a big problem.
But please show me when you're at our place again.
See ya,
Wim / Cordvs
www.corbvlo.com
Pvblivs Cordvs
(Wim van Broekhoven)
CORBVLO
Jurjen,
Do you have any updated photos of you lararium? Your creativity inspired me to build one for my domus. I had been saving a special milled dowel for the columns and while cleaning up my shop last week I found it under a pile of ash spear hafts. I still have to make the roof and back panel. There's also a lot of filling, sanding and final assembly to do, but it has been an interesting project. More like cabinet making than my usual weapons and artillery. The results so far are promising. I am leaning towards the painted wooden style. Any more info available on the ones from Pompeii, Caius? Does anyone have suggestions for the paint scheme. What about gold leaf on the details?
P. Clodius Secundus (Randi Richert), Legio III Cyrenaica
"Caesar\'s Conquerors"
Quote:Jurjen,
Do you have any updated photos of you lararium? Your creativity inspired me to build one for my domus. I had been saving a special milled dowel for the columns and while cleaning up my shop last week I found it under a pile of ash spear hafts. I still have to make the roof and back panel. There's also a lot of filling, sanding and final assembly to do, but it has been an interesting project. More like cabinet making than my usual weapons and artillery. The results so far are promising. I am leaning towards the painted wooden style. Any more info available on the ones from Pompeii, Caius? Does anyone have suggestions for the paint scheme. What about gold leaf on the details?

Nice to see I have you inspired. Yours is very well looking, too. (I really like your collums. Have to rebuilt mine some day...). For the paint schemes, I'm having computer problems, so i cann't access my own hard disk right now, but when I can, I can send you an email with a lot of pictures from lararia all over the empire. PM me your address if you're interested.
ALA I BATAVORUM
ow, and about updated photo's of my lararium. These aren't avaliable, as there is not much progress on this project, because of some other (and most important BIGGER) projects that came between. Hope to finish the details by the end of this year. (A couple of events are planned, and afterwards I get time again to finish this)
ALA I BATAVORUM
Here's a quick photo update on the Lararium. I've still got to screw the major pieces together and make the roof and back panel. Thus far I'm happy with most of it. I ended up going pretty conventional on the paint scheme. It seems a bit too dark and not as colorful as most others. Perhaps if I highlight the antique gold wtih brighter gold drybrushing to make it pop out more. The roof will be terra cotta texture paint so that should brighten things up as well. The columns are still a trouble spot also. I saw an illustration of Roman dock workers unloading ivory tusks and decided to try for an aged ivory look. I've got to work out the best colors(pale yellow? brown?) to apply as a wash to get the right look. It's certainly been a learning experience, but I'm running out of time before I have to leave for Roman Days Virginia.
P. Clodius Secundus (Randi Richert), Legio III Cyrenaica
"Caesar\'s Conquerors"

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Legio IX HISP Lararium Nemonius Agricola 26 4,916 07-15-2009, 05:41 AM
Last Post: Nemonius Agricola