Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forum upgrading progress
btw Have the e-mail alerts gone? (I was blissfully unaware that some of my favourite topics had been replied to.) Admittedly a tiny detail in the grand forum scheme. Wink
posted by Duncan B Campbell
https://ninth-legion.blogspot.com/
Nope, they haven't. In fact, I learned of your reply through a notification. Since the changeover to STS, it should be more dependable. Which threads were they, and are you sure you're subscribed?
There is one change though: the system will send you one notification until you check the thread, it won't email every time a new post is added to the thread. Having looked at it, it will send a new note once a new post appears.
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
In one of the older versions, if one replied or posted to a topic, (s)he was automatically subscribed. Now to be subscribed, one has to either check the Subscribe box at the bottom of the message, or click the subscribe tab at the top later on, if a notification is desired. Took dense me a while to figure out what was going on.
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
We've talked about that before. I can certainly set that to Default, but not everyone appreciates getting a reminder for every thread they have ever participated in.
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Quote:There is one change though: the system will send you one notification until you check the thread, it won't email every time a new post is added to the thread.
Aha! That's it! I quite often read a few replies by e-mail before visiting the thread. So that's gone? OK.
Doesn't need to be. If all members would like that feature back, it can be put back very easily. I just did not want to overload people's inboxes.
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
I have just posted a reply to another thread and it appears that the preview panes have disappeared. These were very useful. Can we have them back, please?
Michael King Macdona

And do as adversaries do in law, -
Strive mightily, but eat and drink as friends.
(The Taming of the Shrew: Act 1, Scene 2)
Hi Michael
What do you mean by Preview Panes? The pre-upgrade RAT of last week had no preview option, it came back with the upgrade in the form of a preview button between Submit and Cancel. What is it you're missing?
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
It is curious that I should disagree with the Webmaster but I must beg to differ. The pre-upgrade RAT had two preview panes in the row of icons. One displayed the preview underneath the draft post and the other alongside it. I used the former all the time. It was because I was looking for them in their old position that I failed to notice the button between Submit and Cancel. Sorry about that.

I have now tried it out and it works like the old one that I used to use.
Michael King Macdona

Quote:The pre-upgrade RAT of last week had no preview option ...
Ahem: "blocked-from-replying" thread. :wink:
Well, okay, not one that worked consistently.
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Hi Jasper
Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere. My profile photo has vanished, and when I click on my profile, I can't see anywhere to upload another. Nor can I see any of the features such as how to adjust my signature etc. Please can you help? Thank you.
Ben Kane, bestselling author of the Eagles of Rome, Spartacus and Hannibal novels.

Eagles in the Storm released in UK on March 23, 2017.
Aguilas en la tormenta saldra en 2017.

www.benkane.net
Twitter: @benkaneauthor
Facebook: facebook.com/benkanebooks
From the announcement at the top of the forum... Wink
Quote:On Avatars and Forum profiles, please note: http://romanarmytalk.com/rat/7-off-topic...vatar.html
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
bump
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
It seems that we have all lost our row of wreaths - not that I understood them, anyway!
Michael King Macdona