Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Loving the ancients a bit too much
Yeah, I didn't want to say that in the off chance the psoul came across this.
I wonder if malpractice suits cover these quacks!
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Well, leave it to me, eh? Somebody had to say it.... :?
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
And then of course there is the question that she seems not to have asked: Is it not more important to be the queen rather than to merely look like her?

By that I mean -- is she leaning to speak ancient Egyptian? Read it? Or at least ancient Greek?

Or if not that what about worship of the ancient gods? I am not well versed on the religious practices of the ancient Egyptians but was Nefertiti not a god herself? Does she need a High Priest to facilitate her communion with the other gods or can she do it herself?

Does she eat as the queen once ate?

Is she really dedicated to being Nefertiti, or just play acting?

For all that she has spent in her own economic stimulus package she could have hired the very best teachers and received a great education, becoming an expert on the ancient Egyptians. But I guess the surgery is easier... Confusedhock: :? |

Narukami
David Reinke
Burbank CA
Yikes! Confusedhock:
Ben Kane, bestselling author of the Eagles of Rome, Spartacus and Hannibal novels.

Eagles in the Storm released in UK on March 23, 2017.
Aguilas en la tormenta saldra en 2017.

www.benkane.net
Twitter: @benkaneauthor
Facebook: facebook.com/benkanebooks
Quote:

In his new book, How Rome Fell, Adrian Goldsworthy has a photograph of a Germanic skull that has been elongated to such an extreme it looks like the skull of an Alien (from the movie of the same name). Goldsworthy believes it was done on purpose as a mark of distinction. Had never herd of this before, nor do I know how many such skulls have been found. Strange...

:?

Narukami

I read about this some time back in the Germanic context. What I cannot recall is where, and whether it was in a novel, such as the Emperor series about Caesar, or if it was in ceasars commentaries...or perhaps a previous Goldsworthy book.
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Quote:errrr I've already had hair removal surgery....whats wrong with wanting to look like your idol!!! :mrgreen: :lol:
:lol: :lol:
THAT is true commitment.
:wink:
[size=85:2j3qgc52]- Carsten -[/size]
£200,000! Just think of all the worthy projects that could have been funded with that! Enough to create and support a splendid Ancient Egypt web resource for years.
Yeah, or something wacky like educations for her children! Including a trip to Egypt, perhaps? Oh, well, she's loose in the gene pool, now...

Matthew
Matthew Amt (Quintus)
Legio XX, USA
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.larp.com/legioxx/">http://www.larp.com/legioxx/
I'd demand a refund.
"Fugit irreparabile tempus" (Irrecoverable time glides away) Virgil

Ron Andrea
Demanding a refund is one thing.

Getting the doctors to return your face to the original look...that's going to be a little tougher...

:? wink:

Narukami
David Reinke
Burbank CA
Quote:
Gaius Julius Caesar:9z5k4poc Wrote:errrr I've already had hair removal surgery....whats wrong with wanting to look like your idol!!! :mrgreen: :lol:
:lol: :lol:
THAT is true commitment.
:wink:

Thank goodness your hero wasn't Narses.
In that regard, she should quit while she's ahead . . . well, not too far behind. :roll:
"Fugit irreparabile tempus" (Irrecoverable time glides away) Virgil

Ron Andrea
These plastic surgery-addicted people are just nuts- and then they cry on TV about how painful it is or how someone screwed up and they look like Egyptian mummies now or whatever- sheesh.

And the Egyptians were doing the head 'elongation' thing 3000 years ago or more- but I've seen it suggested to be a wooden frame device, so those crazies were really serious LOL
See FABRICA ROMANORVM Recreations in the Marketplace for custom helmets, armour, swords and more!
I have my own "impression" of Nefertiti...
[Image: nefer.jpg]

No, I'm not serious haha!But I do love Ancient Egyptian history and culture very, very much!
Love doing the eyeliner thingy... although I prefer the modern cat shape to the elongated shape...

Ah! My sister sent me that story.. I think she looks okay with the crown but not in real life...

That actress in the Michael Jackson video looks so much closer to Nefertiti than she does...
As to whether she really is the reincarnation.. maybe? Who can really say...

It's just like all those women (and celebs) who try to look like Marilyn Monroe.
-Pearl Sachiko R.

"Fight for your opinions, but do not believe that they contain the whole truth, or the only truth" - Charles A. Dana.
The skull deformation by binding was apparently originally a Hunnic custom from whence it may have passed to the Ostrogoths..........
"dulce et decorum est pro patria mori " - Horace
(It is a sweet and proper thing to die for ones country)

"No son-of-a-bitch ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country" - George C Scott as General George S. Patton
Paul McDonnell-Staff

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A Perfect Gift For Your Conspiracy Loving Friends Hugh Fuller 4 1,857 01-12-2008, 11:05 AM
Last Post: Gaius Julius Caesar