Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Canadians never have ..what??
Yeah I have a little in me too! :wink:
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Quote:Clarksons highway code on cyclists: 'trespassers in the motorcars domain, they do not pay road tax and therefore have no right to be on the road, some of them even believe they are going fast enough to not be an obstruction. Run them down to prove them wrong'

Jeremy Clarkson: a man who much often presents himself as the natural spokesman of a much too large group of people, who, after paying a certain amoun t of money to the state each year, not only think it's only natural that they have more to say about a piece of land than those who do not have to pay as much, but who also think that this small amount of money gives them the right to flaunt all laws that cover the use of that piece of land: the road.

:twisted:
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Wellll, as far as bikes go, many of them abuse the privelage they have, and are frequent law breakers themselves..... :wink: so in that case I tend to agree with him..... :roll:
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Quote:Wellll, as far as bikes go, many of them abuse the privelage they have, and are frequent law breakers themselves..... :wink: so in that case I tend to agree with him..... :roll:

When a biker break the law on the road this usually has more fatal consequenses than it has for a car driver.
Example 1: biker ignores the right of way of a motor vehicle - guess who's harmed most?
Example 2: motor vehicle ignores right of way of a biker - guess who's harmed most?

As a result, most trespasses against the highwway code are made by car owners. I'm not against cars, I love to drive, but jeremy is overdoing it. Way.

Quote: cars don't kill people, drivers do.
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Yes, that is true! Unfortunately, I would rather not have the maiming of a biker on my conscience, and fortunately my reflexes have made the many near misses just that!
But it is infuriating all the same to be held up behind a bike, then when you come to a red light, they suddenly decide they can become pedestrians and cross on the pavement, or just ignor the signals altogether. :evil: :roll:
He is always over the top, but at times, sadly, I have to agree with him... :roll: :oops:
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Quote:When a biker break the law on the road this usually has more fatal consequenses than it has for a car driver.
Example 1: biker ignores the right of way of a motor vehicle - guess who's harmed most?
Example 2: motor vehicle ignores right of way of a biker - guess who's harmed most?

As a result, most trespasses against the highwway code are made by car owners. I'm not against cars, I love to drive, but jeremy is overdoing it. Way.

Quote: cars don't kill people, drivers do.
Sorry Robert, but... Come to London as a pedestrian and find out how dangerous and obnoxious cyclists can be. I've nearly been hit by the *£*%&"!!s on pedestrian crossings (I had to kick one over before he put me in hospital), and I know others who have. They ignore traffic lights, pedestrian crossings, and every other law of the road you can possibly think of, including One Way systems. I hate them, a sizeable portion of London hates them, and in London a lot of the time it's their own fault. I think you'll find they're the ones Clarkson's talking about, and I agree with him wholeheartedly.

http://disgruntledcommuter.wordpress.co ... of-london/
http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/e ... rthree.htm
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
Well said Jim!!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Remember this, Byron?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cycling_Proficiency_Test

Should be mandatory with the need for a license at the end of it. :wink:
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
I always thought it was..... :roll:
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
.......bad boy, Loki !!
You should explain for all our non-anglo's out there that Jeremy Clarkson is deliberately "outrageous" and provocative and a comedian, though there are some who think he's like that in 'real life' too !! Smile
"dulce et decorum est pro patria mori " - Horace
(It is a sweet and proper thing to die for ones country)

"No son-of-a-bitch ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country" - George C Scott as General George S. Patton
Paul McDonnell-Staff
I just read the links :oops: and can't believe the idiot who wrote that.
Sure , go after the zebra crossing runners too, but what makes a cyclist above the law? I believe it is an offence to ride on the pavement(sidewalk) and also run red lights! So if his idea of civil disobediance is to actually stop at red lights, which they are required to do anyway, his head must be right up his own ^$$!
How do idiots like that get a space in a newspaper? Sheesh :roll:
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
He rents a car from THRIFTY and then wonders why it's not up to scratch?
LOL.
Poor fella probably ate at "la belle province" in Quebec and thought that was what we consider haute cuisine...
Funny piece anyway.
Titus Petronicus Graccus
Cohors I Vindelicorvm

Pedro Bedard
Hahahaha, we can always blame quebec can't we Pedro? lol

Legion: TBD
Gee, must be nice. Be a goober and write articles that are 99% satirical trash with goobery little puns and analogies here and there...And get paid to do it...(damn well apparently) And get to drive awesome cars.

I think you guys have him a little wrong - sounds like he's got one of the best jobs in the world. (and apparently takes very little effort)

jealous maybe? 8)
Andy Volpe
"Build a time machine, it would make this [hobby] a lot easier."
https://www.facebook.com/LegionIIICyr/
Legion III Cyrenaica ~ New England U.S.
Higgins Armory Museum 1931-2013 (worked there 2001-2013)
(Collection moved to Worcester Art Museum)
....oh, yes, Clarkson and his co-hosts on 'Top Gear' often revel in the fact that they have "the best job in the world".... Sad
"dulce et decorum est pro patria mori " - Horace
(It is a sweet and proper thing to die for ones country)

"No son-of-a-bitch ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country" - George C Scott as General George S. Patton
Paul McDonnell-Staff