Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Soldiers meal- where in the permanent camps
I have started to thinking about this problem from completely different point. In fact from point of organization of underground structure in fortresses. In fact in one part of SIng. camp there is no such structure, so I figured that it has to do something with inside life organization. Main two everyday needs of every man are....., we know which two. So, latrine and thermae are well documented, food and everything about the food is another problem, so I have started to think (lazy me in fact von Petrikovits has dedicated part of Innenbauten to this topic) how they organized themselves. First of all I thought about canabae legionis, in fact what was the purpose of these military areas outside camp, so some parts of food preparation and consuming could be done there, another is inside the camp, and intervalum is obviously part of camp where such tasks are possible. So I agree with Michael, organization of camp is telling us that we simply can not neglect organization of everything, and to believe that such important aspect of food consuming and preparing was not organized. Maybe the term panis militaris castrense tell's about it.
Stefan Pop-Lazic
by a stuff demand, and personal hesitation

Messages In This Thread
BUILDINGS - by Graham Sumner - 07-23-2007, 11:09 AM
Re: Soldiers meal- where in the permanent camps - by Arahne - 07-24-2007, 07:28 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Layout of Republican permanent forts Tom Jefferson 0 168 01-01-2024, 01:26 PM
Last Post: Tom Jefferson
  Saturnalia , Traditional meal Arminius Primus 2 2,101 12-27-2009, 02:37 PM
Last Post: M. Demetrius