Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbridge A Breastplates - to cross or not cross diagonally?
Posted: Tue 26 Jun 2007, 13:57 Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well, as always, all you experts are never going to agree, and I will take what looks good!

Gaius Julius Caesar wrote:
Does it not keep the plates vertical though?
And there are many things which only sculptural evidence is used to back up the use of. Besides, i am not saying it is so, but I can't find an argument that tells me it is not a possibility.

"No, it doesn't- the issue with vertical orientation has nothing to do with the buckles- the plates are rigid, the buckle just helps hold them together. Actually it's just a supplementary piece as well, since the vertical connector belts (later hooks) are what mainly keeps the breastplates in place. The lateral belt just keeps them from spreading at the neckline when one moves. Thus two are really unnecessary. "

OK, well I was refering to the fastener on the Newstead.

And it is the Stillfried I had not seen finds for, but did see the re-construction on, I think, Mat Amt's site.

But anyway, there is still the arrow strike to consider..... Confusedhock: 8)

And the order may be getting closer than I thought possible a few days ago.......Start stoking that furnace dude....... :twisted:
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel

Messages In This Thread
lorica - by brennivs - tony drake - 06-19-2007, 10:23 PM
lorica seg - by brennivs - tony drake - 06-21-2007, 07:37 PM
Re: lorica seg - by Matt Lukes - 06-22-2007, 12:03 AM
corbridge A - by brennivs - tony drake - 06-24-2007, 09:39 PM
Re: Corbridge A Breastplates - to cross or not cross diagonally? - by Gaius Julius Caesar - 06-26-2007, 08:07 PM
Re: corbridge A - by Matt Lukes - 06-26-2007, 08:17 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Making a press tool to make cross bands for scabbards brennivs - tony drake 7 2,467 10-03-2021, 03:47 PM
Last Post: brennivs - tony drake
  Blade Cross Sections and Designs Pointer 10 2,291 09-02-2014, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Augustus Janus
  Lower cross hanger under plate, designs? Titus Marius Secundus 7 2,758 12-16-2011, 08:11 PM
Last Post: Crispvs