Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Swastikas, Roman Gear, modern reenactment (cont from market)
Quote:It's the general public, not understanding what the swastika is or who used it throughout hgistory, who will react....

...Meaning that clothing must stay at home, shields are re-painted (it happened!) or the items must forever stay at home.

I humbly disagree. Okay, in your country, yes, but in other countries.... maybe not. I personally, I believe that in reenacting when we DO interact w/ the public, it is a duty to destroy false notions and inform the peasantry. To be "historical mythbusters" if you will. How better to do this than jolt them w/ something they THINK they know?
Best, Marsh
DECIMvS MERCATIvS VARIANvS
a.k.a.: Marsh Wise
Legio IX Hispana www.legioix.org

Alteris renumera duplum de quoquo tibi numeraverunt

"A fondness for power is implanted in most men, and it is natural to abuse it when acquired." -- Alexander Hamilton

"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.... But then I repeat myself." ~Mark Twain

[img size=150]http://www.romanobritain.org/Graphics/marsh_qr1.png[/img]
(Oooh, Marshall, you cannot use an icky modern QR code, it is against all policies and rules.)

Messages In This Thread
Re: Swastikas, Roman Gear, modern reenactment (cont from market) - by DECIMvS MERCATIvS VARIANvS - 05-26-2007, 08:05 PM
The nazis and the swastika - by Celer - 05-27-2007, 06:50 AM
sigh - by Caius Fabius - 05-27-2007, 07:52 PM
Re: sigh - by Tarbicus - 05-27-2007, 09:05 PM
Re: sigh - by Magnus - 05-27-2007, 09:23 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New "Roman" Abomination on the market jkaler48 3 1,249 08-26-2010, 10:44 PM
Last Post: Dithrambus
  New Releases of Roman Movies on the Market (VHS, DVD, etc.) Restitvtvs 1 1,105 10-06-2006, 03:03 PM
Last Post: Robert Vermaat