Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Complete sword ban proposed in UK - UK residents only
Quote:I have been searching all over, and STILL cannot find the actual wording of the proposed bill. All I could find which was recent and ongoing was a bill banning the possession of japanese swords for those without proper credentials. I still cannot find any sort of public information outlining the exact conditions of this purposed general ban on all types of swords. I even checked all over the British parliment website! Anyone have an idea of where it can be found?
Here's a quote from Scottish Justice Minister Cathy Jamieson:

"We will make it illegal for anyone in Scotland to sell a sword, subject to a limited number of exceptions, and require any business selling non-domestic knives and swords to abide by strict licence conditions."

The fact is that there is already legislation in place to lock up anyone who carries a weapon in a public place, to threaten or attack someone, etc. It will do nothing to stop the crimes, only the weapon of choice would change (which hasn't happened with guns anyway).
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!

Messages In This Thread
Re: Complete sword ban proposed in UK - UK residents only - by Tarbicus - 03-06-2007, 01:07 PM
save lives! - by Caius Fabius - 03-06-2007, 03:35 PM
Re: save lives! - by Cornelius Quintus - 03-06-2007, 08:39 PM
Re: save lives! - by Tarbicus - 03-06-2007, 08:58 PM
Re: Complete sword ban proposed in UK - UK residents only - by Anonymous - 03-07-2007, 11:21 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Proposed Centurion Pteryges Magnus 61 10,290 02-08-2007, 07:27 PM
Last Post: Mithras