Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Complete sword ban proposed in UK - UK residents only
Instead of trying to figure out exactly how much swords are used in violent crime, our government in the UK is proposing a TOTAL ban on them, no matter what.

Kiss re-enactment and traditional and cultural practices goodbye if it involves a sword.

If you're a UK resident only, please check it out and consider signing the petition here:

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/swords/

The deadline is May 17th for the petition to be signed.

Quote:The proposed ban on the import, sale and manufacture of swords will have an adverse effect on legitimate practitioners, collectors and manufacturers. Actual sword related crime is very rare and does not warrant a ban that affects the cultural activities of thousands of legitimate martial artists, collectors and smiths. Current legislation is quite adequate to deal with violent crime connected with bladed weapons. New legislation is merely for show. Enforcing such a ban will also affect cultural events such as Scottish Sword Dancing and many Sikh festivals. We urge the PM to reconsider this knee jerk reaction to media influenced scaremongering.

I wouldn't mind, but I keep all of my BLUNT weapons in a strong box.

It'll be axes next (which are used more in crime than swords probably).[/b]
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!

Messages In This Thread
Complete sword ban proposed in UK - UK residents only - by Tarbicus - 03-06-2007, 04:49 AM
save lives! - by Caius Fabius - 03-06-2007, 03:35 PM
Re: save lives! - by Cornelius Quintus - 03-06-2007, 08:39 PM
Re: save lives! - by Tarbicus - 03-06-2007, 08:58 PM
Re: Complete sword ban proposed in UK - UK residents only - by Anonymous - 03-07-2007, 11:21 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Proposed Centurion Pteryges Magnus 61 10,142 02-08-2007, 07:27 PM
Last Post: Mithras