Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any chitchat maybe, about that... "historic" movie
Khaire Lupus,
there have been a couple of threads about '300'.
The general opinion of the ladies looking at the portrayal of the Spartans is 'rather nice' :twisted: and Gerald Butler does come over rather well as Leonidas ... but overall, it is rather like a stage production.
Some of the fight action looks good and the overall idea is to portray the overwhelming odds that the brave Spartiate (and Thespaens) were fighting against .. but I really would have preferred the 300 in more authentic panoply to those little leather gladiator thingys and a rather more realistic film...!
I think most are waiting for Steven Pressfield's Gates of Fire to finally begin production..although The Last Amazon looks more likely.
After all the training those guys in 300 did, I would consider casting them in a real portrayal of Spartans or/and Thermopylae!
regards
Arthes
Cristina
The Hoplite Association
[url:n2diviuq]http://www.hoplites.org[/url]
The enemy is less likely to get wind of an advance of cavalry, if the orders for march were passed from mouth to mouth rather than announced by voice of herald, or public notice. Xenophon
-

Messages In This Thread
Re: Any chitchat maybe, about that... "historic" movie - by Arthes - 07-11-2006, 01:14 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Spartan Hoplite Impression - was "Athenian Hoplite&quot rogue_artist 30 13,883 08-17-2008, 12:31 AM
Last Post: Giannis K. Hoplite