Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Incredible Roman Textile Find in Rome\'s Catacombs!!!
I would like to know how and in what manner the skeletons were found: were they neatly stacked? piled haphazardly? what bones and were broken (if any) and to what extent do the breaks appear...what is the age range and gender (man, woman, child, young middle age, elderly?) was the preservation of this site possibly caused by a gas pocket within the catacombs, and if that is the case, could they not have died due to asphyxiation? Were these prisoners or were they political enemies of someone murdered and then hidden I am looking forward to more detailed information as well as pictures of the find..... Remember, there is more to this find than just preserved clothing. A little more food for thought, who were these people and why did they end up here... I highly doubt this would be early Christian because of the manner of preservation (lime) as opposed to the customary oils and spices that were used by the Jews of that period as well as the Christians. In short, we will not know who these people are until farther study and info is provided... Hopefully there will be some writings or scripts found preserved with these as well.... Food for thought for all....
To change your mind and to follow him who sets you right is to be nonetheless the free agent that you were before. (Marcus Aurelius)

LVCIVS VALERIVS HOMVLVS
(Clayton Braswell)

Messages In This Thread
at the door - by Goffredo - 06-26-2006, 12:49 PM
Re: at the door - by Robert Vermaat - 06-26-2006, 05:59 PM
re - by Johnny Shumate - 06-26-2006, 07:34 PM
Re: Incredible Roman Textile Find in Rome\'s Catacombs!!! - by l_valerius_homulus - 06-26-2006, 11:04 PM