Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Editors needed Helmet Database
Ave omnes,

RAT is always in move – returning after two weeks I find the helmet database already growing - excellent! Very good information and illustrations.

If you need an Auxiliary for the bothersome or boring jobs (proofreading, stupid typing… :wink: ) – just blow the cornu.
(My small library: „Römische Helme – Sammlung Axel Guttmann“ (Junckelmann), „Antike Helme“ (RGZM) and „Römische Helme aus Niedergermanien (Klumbach)) And I like to find out the actual whereabouts / display locations of some of the originals.

Two suggestions:

If there’s much information but no photo of a helmet available at the moment (due to copyrights), a Dummy might be easy at hand. No problem to draw the outlines or a silhouette.

A ‘wanted’ list could be created featuring ‘missing’ helmets and their last known locations of exhibition (with a database-link to helmet and museum – and to ‘Roman World’?). So RAT members or visitors can take a look if there’s an exhibition, a museum or collection ‘in their neighbourhood’ to try to take some photographs. Or check the wanted list while planning the next holiday trip.
Greetings from germania incognita

Heiko (Cornelius Quintus)

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Messages In This Thread
Re: Editors needed Helmet Database - by Peroni - 05-30-2006, 06:05 PM
computer saavy - by Caius Fabius - 05-30-2006, 10:55 PM
Re: Editors needed Helmet Database - by tlclark - 05-30-2006, 11:37 PM
Re: Editors needed Helmet Database - by ursinius - 06-02-2006, 08:12 AM
Re: Editors needed Helmet Database - by Luca - 06-07-2006, 10:02 AM
Re: Editors needed Helmet Database - by Cornelius Quintus - 06-08-2006, 07:10 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Helmet Database Cornelius Quintus 56 66,486 07-26-2021, 12:47 PM
Last Post: Militarus