Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
British Library direct
Hi,

I am the Marketing Manager for British Library Direct and I’m really pleased to see you seem to have had a largely positive experience of the product. I can’t say that I’m an expert on the phenotypic features of roman pigs Big Grin , but delivering harder to find material is certainly one of the main aims of the product and I’m glad to see that we have achieved that on this occasion.

I also wanted to provide an explanation of how copyright fees are set and why they vary so much. They are intended to recompense the publisher of the article and each has his/her own ideas about how much their intellectual output is worth. The average copyright fee is around £7.50, but with thousands of publishers represented in British Library Direct, they do vary quite significantly. You can find more on copyright fees at http://www.bl.uk/services/document/copyright.html .

I noticed you also experienced some trouble downloading your document electronically Cry and this is due to you using version 6 of Adobe Acrobat, which makes the user 'register' their computer to get a ‘netpassport’ before downloading their document. With Version 7 (which we recommend Smile ) this whole registration process (termed DRM or Digital Rights Management) is removed, making the experience significantly more streamlined.

I hope this helps and that you continue to find British Library Direct a useful resource. :lol:

Barry Smith
Marketing Manager, The British Library
[email protected]

Messages In This Thread
British Library direct - by Tarbicus - 09-27-2005, 06:36 PM
Re: British Library direct - by Robert Vermaat - 09-27-2005, 09:12 PM
Re: British Library direct - by Tarbicus - 09-27-2005, 09:28 PM
Re: British Library direct - by Robert Vermaat - 09-27-2005, 09:38 PM
Re: British Library direct - by Tarbicus - 09-27-2005, 09:45 PM
Re: British Library direct - by Tarbicus - 09-29-2005, 07:35 PM
British Library Direct - by Barry Smith - 10-25-2005, 12:46 PM