Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Before Fall of Empire Armies (Romans, Huns and Goths...)
Quote: Ah, Britania . . . Nice, but complex (I'm sure) . . . I guess I'm more . . . continental :-) ) Read Valerio Massimo Manfredi's _Last Legion_? Pretty entertaining and with a couple of fine points . . .
Haven't read Manfredi yet. Well, I've loved Scotland since I went there for the first time in 1998 and so it's no surprise that some of my NiPs are settled there. Also, I'm a great fan of Rosemary Sutcliff. Smile

Quote:The important thing for me is (a) not losing the interest and (b) not getting enthusiastic about something else . . .
Ah, Plotbunny Alert, lol. You'll have to find out how many projects you can manage at the same time, the rest has to go in the Future Projects folder. And believe me, all writers get plotbunnies. Plotbunny breeding farms. Big Grin

Quote:Regarding that FMW I didn't know about, I'll look it up (planning on becoming member of the Historical Novel Society, or a similar name...) but I don't usually write in English (except on a Star Trek RPG and one tale I wrote for the NanoBits project, about the Marathon battle, which I'm waiting for Editors' review... If it gets published, nice; if not, I'll probably work over it to send it to the Historical Novel Society 2005 award, which has been extended up to Aug 31...)
I'll send you a PM about Forward Motion. It's the best place to discuss specific writing problems, and except for crits of your very text, the site should work well in English for you.

BTW I go by my real first name, Gabriele, there.
[Image: Atrectus.jpg]
centurio pilus prior cohortis Primus Tungriorum peditata
AKA Gabriele Campbell

Messages In This Thread
Historical Novel Society - by Sandra/Viventia - 05-26-2005, 02:13 PM
Re: Before Fall of Empire Armies (Romans, Huns and Goths...) - by Atrectus - 05-27-2005, 08:14 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  When did the Roman Empire fall (your thoughts)? neutra 157 24,865 10-24-2012, 06:32 PM
Last Post: Robert Vermaat
  BBC The Rise and Fall of an Empire Kefka 24 7,002 10-17-2011, 05:22 PM
Last Post: Kefka
  Military priests in Late Empire armies? P. Lilius Frugius Simius 11 2,541 02-22-2006, 08:31 PM
Last Post: Carlton Bach