Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Back from Jordan
Well, I'm back from Jordan. Fantastic country, and the King was an excellent host. I was a bit surprised to find that no one in the Tourism ministry had ever heard of Q'sar Bashir, but fortunately one of the King's friends knew exactly where it was so we found the place without too many wrong turns. Quite a desolate spot, and the only life for miles was a small bedouin camp. The fort is in a pretty good state and will make an excellent setting for Cato and Macro's next adventure.

Elsewhere - Petra lived up to and beyond all expectations and I'll be going back for a much longer look areound sometime in the future. Jerash was good, with some pretty astounding temple ruins. Umm Qais was even more spectacular in terms of setting and Mohammed Daly-Amer showed be a dig that has yet to make it into the journals - a forum just three feet below the surface. And the whole site of 500 km2 has only just been touched. What a place. The Roman theatre in Amman is also quite a sight. But the most abiding memory (apart from being loaned one of the King's yachts to go snorkeling off Pharoah Island) is how kind and welcoming the Jordanians are.

For pictures and details there's a link on the Latest news page on my website:
www.scarrow.fsnet.co.uk

take care all.

Messages In This Thread
Back from Jordan - by Anonymous - 04-25-2005, 07:14 PM
Re: Back from Jordan - by Jasper Oorthuys - 04-25-2005, 07:25 PM
Great adventure - by Caius Fabius - 04-25-2005, 07:25 PM
Re: Back from Jordan - by Tarbicus - 04-25-2005, 10:03 PM
Re: Back from Jordan - by Octavianvs - 04-28-2005, 05:09 AM