Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Questions regarding construction of a Lorica Squamata
(01-29-2020, 03:33 PM)cannonfodder90 Wrote: Thank you so very much! The John-Peter Wild couple of pages are exactly what I needed in regards to know how to attach the scales to the lining, it's spacing and method of closing the Lorica. And now I have a real life archeological find/source that is at the basis for my own construction. Thank you for this, I'm truly gratefull.

PS: I managed to download the J.D. Leach & J.J. Wilkes paper. But apart from two seemingly random pages it all apears to be white. I also looked to other sources for the same paper, but they all have the same problem. Most pages are blank. I found it odd, so I put the .PDF file trough an online converter to .docx and now it's fully readable. So thanks for that as well.

I'm very thankfull for your quick but most importnantly all including anwsers. A testament to the awesomeness of this community and this site.

With kind regards,

Jeroen

I meant to post these scales from Darlington as well but the site was undergoing maintenance at the time, image shows a strip of scales in high res held together by square section "wire":

Roman Scales Darlington UK

I find the free Foxit PDF reader works well on my windows 10 PC, I think PDF is basically the standard for most archaeological papers but as its the only one I usually use I'm not certain.

Wink
Ivor

"And the four bare walls stand on the seashore. a wreck a skeleton a monument of that instability and vicissitude to which all things human are subject. Not a dwelling within sight, and the farm labourer, and curious traveller, are the only persons that ever visit the scene where once so many thousands were congregated." T.Lewin 1867

Messages In This Thread
RE: Questions regarding construction of a Lorica Squamata - by Crispianus - 02-09-2020, 08:48 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  how to build a lorica squamata munazio planco 12 5,927 11-04-2020, 10:31 PM
Last Post: Crispvs
  Squamata construction Crispvs 22 10,012 10-26-2018, 09:45 AM
Last Post: agrimensor
  Making a lorica squamata for a seven year old boy - some questions Iskierka 1 874 10-15-2018, 04:04 AM
Last Post: Crispvs