Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sword Identification and Location
(08-31-2019, 08:01 AM)brennivs - tony drake Wrote: Thank you Ivor  Smile I have a good pic in a book but which one Angry Rolleyes but I ❤ Miks great starting point, should have a little black book with page references to finds ect to make finding easy Wink
Regards Brennivs Big Grin

Curious I just opened the page in Illerup "Die Schwerter" (Vol 11) to exactly the "Lauriacum - Hromowka" type (pg 200+), seems there are two swords of this type from Illerup, dating for all the swords listed appears to be for the second half 3rd century AD, not a terribly common type, 2 subtypes with 11 in total 4/7.

I know what you mean about the references its like negotiating a labyrinth!

I'm not convinced though that what were looking at in the images is the same sword? though its pretty clear the scabbard is the same one in both, does it say where it was found in Miks?
Ivor

"And the four bare walls stand on the seashore. a wreck a skeleton a monument of that instability and vicissitude to which all things human are subject. Not a dwelling within sight, and the farm labourer, and curious traveller, are the only persons that ever visit the scene where once so many thousands were congregated." T.Lewin 1867

Messages In This Thread
Sword Identification and Location - by Pointer - 08-30-2019, 02:58 AM
RE: Sword Identification and Location - by Crispianus - 08-31-2019, 09:59 AM