Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need Help with Late Roman British Legionary
Nah, you don't have to stich it yourself. Just get high quality wool (I can assure that medieval design tunic are not mate on high quality wool) and give it to stich to a tailor.

Leg wraps seems very fine.
As for pants... They seem very wide which is quite opposite to what we should aim for. Pants should be really tight. If you have leg wraps you don't need pants right away.
Spatha - yea, it's cheap and it gives you the look, but it's absolutely terrible. A piece of junk metal cut out of a sheet without any heat treatment. I'd say go for spear and money for spatha invest in quality cloths. It just seems you're making a typical newbiew misteake and you want to get everything right off the bat despite very low quality. You don't have do that. Why? Becasue finally you gonna have everything but... You will look cheesy. On the other hand, if you pay attention to basics as shoes, wraps, quality materials, belts etc then even without armor, sword etc you gonna look great! But that's just my advice.

As for calcei - what's your foot size? Or rather... Put your foot on a paper, draw around a line and check lenght between two farthest points? Becasue from what I see, they charge around 140euro for a machine stiched calceci which is absurd. For that I can get you highest quality calceci, hand-made from, for example, Fabrica Cacti.
As for Pannonian, my friend makes them of highest quaity fur for the same price - 50 euro.

Could you share a link to the buckles?
___
Aaaa okay, got them. I'd stay away from these buckles. Low quality cast. Tempting becasue they are big, wide etc but it's really low quality.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Damian

Messages In This Thread
RE: Need Help with Late Roman British Legionary - by Damianus Albus - 08-07-2019, 08:08 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Supplier of Late 3rd/4th C Roman Legionary Shoes Antoninus05 2 1,534 03-01-2011, 12:23 PM
Last Post: Martin Moser
  Late 2nd Century Legionary Infantry Caius Valens 22 5,248 12-11-2006, 09:33 PM
Last Post: Tib. Gabinius