Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need Help with Late Roman British Legionary
Howdy,
(yes I said howdy, I'm a proud Texas boy)

I've always been really into history, especially Roman history, and am a current history student at a university. Recently I've been attempting to acquire a set for a British legionary in the late 4th Century, specifically one from the Secunda Britannica. All I have at the moment is the Deepeeka 'Burgh Castle' helmet and from what I have read it's not the best representation of what the full Burgh Castle may have looked like but alas it's what I've got. I'm trying to be very frugal with what I get but as accurate as I can get. To save the most I have forgone any kind of body armor for the time being.

At the moment I have come to an impasse, I have found mostly everything that I need except for a baldric.

From what I understand, the thick baldrics from the 3rd Century were mostly phased out by this time but that there still may have been some worn, however, I have been trying to find a thin baldric that would be accurate for the period and work with the 'scabbard slide' on the spathae from the time.

I'm not totally against making one it's just that I have no idea how.

I can provide links with the items that I plan on acquiring if anyone wants to check them who knows more about it than I do.

Thanks
Parker

Messages In This Thread
Need Help with Late Roman British Legionary - by Julius Nepos - 08-01-2019, 05:57 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Supplier of Late 3rd/4th C Roman Legionary Shoes Antoninus05 2 1,531 03-01-2011, 12:23 PM
Last Post: Martin Moser
  Late 2nd Century Legionary Infantry Caius Valens 22 5,224 12-11-2006, 09:33 PM
Last Post: Tib. Gabinius