Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Discomfort while wearing segmentata
Hello all,
This is my first post on the forum. My question is concerning discomfort while wearing the segmentata. My segmentata is a hybrid between the corbidge and newstead versions. I've worn the armor at a couple of events and after a few hours there is spot on either side of my shoulders/traps that are so sore. The weight doesn't feel that heavy, and it feels comfortable for a while, but like I said after a couple of hours it gets very uncomfortable. For more info, my subarmalis is not historically accurate. I've been wearing a padded collar from dark knight armory in lieu of the more historically correct padded subarmalis and this seems like it should be enough padding. And my segmentata was custom made by me for my measurements. 

So my question to other reenactors who wear segmentata, is discomfort after a couple of hours typical and I just have to get used to it, or are other reenactors able to wear their armor for hours on end without getting uncomfortable. I'm trying to figure out if it's a design flaw in my armor/padding or an issue of not having enough endurance. I figure if legionaries marched 15-20 miles a day and then built a camp while still wearing their armor that I should be able to stand doing nothing at an event  for a few hours.

Messages In This Thread
Discomfort while wearing segmentata - by Belisarion - 08-12-2018, 04:15 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Question about wearing segmentata Theodosius the Great 12 2,746 08-26-2004, 10:53 PM
Last Post: Matt Lukes