Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Saint Patrick & Names along the Antonine wall
A few years ago, I realised that if we accept that there was a small copy error combing two place names on the Ravenna Cosmography so that Medio+Nemeton was miscopied as Medionemeton, and that there were as we are told seven forts along the wall, we get a very good fit between the names of Dumbarton = Sub-dobiadon(8), Old-Kilpatrick the birthplace of St.Patrick known as "Nemthur" = Nemeton (7) and Bal-muildy = Medio(6).

After a few years of having it available for review online, no substantial reason to believe it is wrong as been given, nor has anyone made a better suggestion, so I've now amended the names on my site (Roman-britain.co.uk) as detailed in this article:

http://roman-britain.co.uk/nemthur.htm

Coincidentally it confirms that Saint Patrick was born in Strathclyde - which was something many people already accepted.
Oh the grand oh Duke Suetonius, he had a Roman legion, he galloped rushed down to (a minor settlement called) Londinium then he galloped rushed back again. Londinium Bridge is falling down, falling down ... HOLD IT ... change of plans, we're leaving the bridge for Boudica and galloping rushing north.

Messages In This Thread
Saint Patrick & Names along the Antonine wall - by MonsGraupius - 08-12-2018, 03:44 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Antonine Wall Eleatic Guest 2 1,018 04-10-2020, 10:46 AM
Last Post: Eleatic Guest
  Antonine Wall colours on sculptures Densus 1 975 04-21-2018, 12:37 PM
Last Post: D B Campbell
  Garisons of the Antonine Wall Jordanicus 1 1,216 10-28-2013, 11:03 AM
Last Post: D B Campbell