Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Richborough or Chichester ?
Salvete Omnes,

In doing research for my trip to England this December...I was planning on visiting the Roman Fortress & Baths and museum in Caerleon. Well it seems I will not be doing that, but will be going to other Roman sites instead. The reason I won't be going is because I just found out that the museum at Caerleon will be closing this September 2nd for essential roof maintenance and won't be reopening till "Autumn 2019"! Although I believe you can still go to the fortress and amphitheatre. I thought you all may want to know this information incase anyone else here at RAT may be planning a trip to visit there within that time period. Hope this helps. 
I have a few questions that I hope someone can answer. I am want to do a day trip out of London to either the Richborough Roman Fort and Amphitheatre in Kent or to Chichester in Sussex to see the Roman Palace and museum, etc. My questions are - Has anyone been to theses two places? If so, which one would be the better place to visit? Also does either one have a better museum? Any information would be greatly appreciated! 

Salve Sis,
Thomas
Thomas Guenther

Messages In This Thread
Richborough or Chichester ? - by Purplest - 07-16-2018, 06:40 PM
RE: Richborough or Chichester ? - by Purplest - 07-17-2018, 11:56 AM
RE: Richborough or Chichester ? - by Purplest - 07-22-2018, 11:41 AM
RE: Richborough or Chichester ? - by Purplest - 08-21-2018, 08:09 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Richborough helmet fragments Caballo 2 2,460 12-24-2011, 02:10 AM
Last Post: Medicus matt