Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[split] Google Earth stuff
The good news is that the kml and kmz files load to Goggle Earth (GE) on some peoples' machines.

Renatus and David Scothorn report problems with the kmz files.

I'm assuming that both have GE working and have loaded the kml file (other assumptions include you running Windows 7, 8 or 10).

First, you should also follow my earlier instructions on how to load the kmz files, i.e. within GE, select 'FILE', select 'OPEN'; a directory browser opens; migrate to wherever you have stored my files; click on them to select and click 'Open'. Do not 'double click' from a directory to open the file because you then rely on a file association having been set with a program - it may not have been.

Secondly, if the kmz still apparently fails to load to GE, zoom-in on the aerial photography and the data may then display. Why?, some old machines are resource bound and GE limits the display of memory intensive displays until you zoom in to a small area (well, it used to do this years ago and may still). By the way, if the file has loaded, but not displayed, you should still see a reference to it in the 'Temporary' file listing in GE (bottom left column).

Thirdly, you may have a corrupted kmz file(s). Check that geomap-edit.kmz is 24,070 KB in size, and that top-100-sites.kmz is 90 KB. Anything else then delete the file and download again.

If you still have problems please report your PC type, op sys, memory, make and model of video card and the version of GE you are running.

Once we have you sorted out we can ask a moderator to delete these PC messages.

Messages In This Thread
[split] Google Earth stuff - by Steve Kaye - 01-22-2018, 09:15 AM
RE: Calling all armchair generals! Boudica's Last Stand. - by Steve Kaye - 01-23-2018, 09:01 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What\'s this on Google Earth? ValentinianVictrix 4 1,812 08-01-2013, 04:10 AM
Last Post: Epictetus
  Stonehenge Google Earth programme Caballo 2 1,634 01-08-2012, 07:27 PM
Last Post: Rubico
  Google Earth bookmarks Rome Jona Lendering 3 1,648 09-03-2008, 04:41 AM
Last Post: Epictetus