Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some Bow related Questions
Hello! I have just rediscovered a bow I got a long time ago, I did a bit of shooting and it was a lot of fun so I am thinking of getting a new proper and more authentic bow now. I would want it to be appropriate for a late Roman impression, so from what I have read on the forums here I think I should look for an assymetrical hunnish recurve bow. Based on the looks I would decide between two bows nows, the Kassai "DEER" or the Grozer "HUNGARIAN BOW BASE". They both look very similar but right now I seem to prefer the Deer (http://www.bowshop.eu/?term=32). Would this bow be appropriate? And regarding the optional hornplates at the handle and tips, would this be okay? Or even more authentic? By default there is also a decoration on the leather which I'd guess doesn't fit in this case? Regarding colours, is there a preferable one? I have seen many black leather bows here, but I reckon red should be equally acceptable?

Thanks a lot for taking the time to read this and I am looking forward to any answers!
Béla

Messages In This Thread
Some Bow related Questions - by Stealth4Health - 04-17-2017, 10:52 PM