Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roman Army before and after the Marius' Reforms
I've been around on this forum for years, and i'm long term member also at MyArmoury.com. yes, i don't post often here, but that has no impact on amount of knowledge person could have. And yes, I read through this forum a lot, i know who is who, i have bought and read several books on this topic, be it from Chris Mathew, Dan Howard, John Travis,Jeff Champion or even controversial work of Raffaelle D'Amatto or Peter Connoly, but also multiple unknown thesis on this topic, like for example from Fernando Quesada Sanz about warfare in Spain, and plethora of others i got from academia.edu

When i posted here, i expected intelligent discussion where both sides provide information that is backed by sources, or at least logically backed by own explanations. Definitely didn't expect somebody to dismiss another by the time he spent on this forum..

So, please, back your claims, post the quotes behind your claims. You didnt provided any so far, only your statements. (besides, comparing Roman society to Germanic or Dacian one, is a bit strange, as i mentioned before, for them going into battle naked was supposed to intimidate enemy, which kinda worked, if you read depictions of several Roman historians about battle of Telamon and fight against Gaesatae)

edit: just checked, and you joined july 2011, while i have registered here september 2012...
Jaroslav Jakubov

Messages In This Thread
RE: Roman Army before and after the Marius' Reforms - by JaM - 08-08-2016, 05:13 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I need help w/early Roman formation and Marius. Hasdrubal 2 1,622 06-30-2015, 03:57 PM
Last Post: Hasdrubal
  Army reforms of various emperors Praefectusclassis 8 2,640 05-13-2006, 09:38 PM
Last Post: Praefectusclassis