Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Mainz "Cenurion"
Thanks Jasper, that's a load off my mind. The only photo I've seen is in Robinson and it's pretty poor quality. In that photo it sure looks like the back of the guys legs, plus on the hand gripping the rope it looks like the thumb is under the fingers. The photos of the other Mainz figures in Robinson are of somewhat better quality. But if you do have a better photo of this figure I'd really love to see it.<br>
<br>
Never actually getting to see these artifacts with my own eyes and having to rely on grainy, poor quality black-and-white photos in books can be very frustrating. For about three years I was convinced that one of the soldiers on the Domitius Ahenobarbus monument was wearing a greave because I had seen a rather close-up photo of the figures that seemed to suggest a greave was worn, even though three or four other photos of the monument I'd seen didn't seem to show this. I'm STILL not entirely convinced the greave isn't there, and probably won't be until I see a good quality close-up color photo, or actually see the monument with my own eyes...<br>
<br>
Yet another drawback of being an American working class amateur enthusiast, I guess...<br>
<br>
Thanks again,<br>
<br>
Gregg <p></p><i></i>

Messages In This Thread
The Mainz "Cenurion" - by Gregg - 03-08-2002, 03:04 PM
Re: The Mainz "Cenurion" - by Jasper Oorthuys - 03-10-2002, 09:29 PM
Re: The Mainz "Cenurion" - by Gregg - 03-14-2002, 07:49 AM
Re: The Mainz "Cenurion" - by Jasper Oorthuys - 03-14-2002, 08:39 AM
Re: The Mainz "Cenurion" - by Anonymous - 03-18-2002, 12:33 AM
Re: The Mainz "Cenurion" - by Jasper Oorthuys - 03-18-2002, 05:52 AM
Re: The Mainz "Cenurion" - by Anonymous - 03-18-2002, 07:56 AM