Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ONUS! Rome Vs Carthage: a new wargame
Greetings friend,

I would like to introduce you the game ONUS! Rome Vs Carthage. ONUS is a tactical wargame with a card driven mechanic. The  order cards may be used to activate units, or as event to be used in combat. Further to it, units are cards instead of minis or counters. It was released one year ago, and it is a bestseller in Spain where the 1st edition has sold out.

[Image: expansiones-portada1.jpg]

ONUS contains 90 unit cards so each player may build its own army. They are  distributed in 3 decks: Roman units, Carthaginian units and Mercenary units that may be used in both sides. Along with the unit cards, there are 72 Orders/Event cards, more than 100 counters, 2 rulers and 4 d6.

[Image: expansion-fortalezas-EN.jpg]

Now its publisher Draco Ideas has launched a Kickstarter campaign to be able to produce it in English, adding 2 expansion packs to the game, everything will be available both in English and Spanish: ONUS! Rome Vs Carthage, ONUS! Greeks & Persians, and ONUS! Scenery & Fortresses.

Please, visit its Kickstarter... we are sure you'll like it!

ONUS! Rome Vs Carthage Kickstarter

In order to give you an idea about the game you can compare it with Command & Colors Ancients, but blocks are replaced by cards, order cards may be used in different ways (as combat events), but ONUS has many other options like change formation, expand lines, etc...  and combat as you can see at the cards have more stats!!

If you have any question, I'll try to answer you. I have take part in the game design, mainly in solitaire rules, campaign rules and maps/ playmat designs.

I hope you like it and you find it interesting!

Best regards,

Jose Manuel

Messages In This Thread
ONUS! Rome Vs Carthage: a new wargame - by jmkinki - 10-28-2015, 10:10 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  "ONUS! Traianus" on kickstarter DracoIdeas 0 111 03-22-2022, 12:16 PM
Last Post: DracoIdeas
  Online Strategy Wargame - Fall of Rome MaximusDominus 2 2,574 08-19-2005, 08:46 AM
Last Post: MaximusDominus